question

red-coke avatar image
0 Likes"
red-coke asked

What API do I use to get sales that are ready for shipping?

What API do I use to get sales that are ready for shipping? I thought this would be a super simple thing. **It isn't.** :( We've spent so much time trying to figure out what to do. There seems to be 5 or 6 different API available. NONE give ALL the data as you would get from eBay if you download a CSV. (Like the same CSV you download as a seller for orders ready for posting) Currently: - Using GetOrders to get all orders for a user though a period. This call gives us all information other than the buyer registration info (mail,phone number etc of the buyer) - we need these details! - to get userinfo we are making separate calls to "GetUser" with the userid fetched from the order response for each order. Are we going the right way?? I've read up others having big frustrations over the same problem. Thanks!
orders
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

red-coke avatar image
0 Likes"
red-coke answered
Anyone? We've made some progress. But feel that it's so much hard work being done unecessarily. :( I'm happy to even pay eBay for support - but is there actually an answer?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

red-coke avatar image
0 Likes"
red-coke answered
Still stuck on this one. We thought we had the answer. But then we are geting 1 sales short - should have got 18 sales, only got 17 in the output. Really need some help - just looking for pointers. Still don't understand why it's so painful **just** to get a list of items ready for posting. Help!

red-coke avatar image
0 Likes"
red-coke answered
still no reply. this is disappointing. i think the answer MUST take 1 minute to answer. retrieving complete details for a sale is a fundamental that eBay could NOThave left out. we can retrieve ALL sales for items ready for shipping details (similar to what you get if you download as a seller through eBay). it's just that you have to make 2 different calls. one to retrieve all sales ready for shipping and another for EVERY sale record to get full details of the buyer. the second part is what takes the HUGE amount of time. if we have a big seller with 200 sales to download, then the download could take 20+ minutes. after having wasted hours and hours and hours trying to work out an answer and not getting any response on this forum, i'm going to pay for premium support. i think that's a crying shame. it's what this forum is for - this forum is monitored and some questions naswered by ebay technical support. i wish they would just choose to answer this question. and i know i am not alone. i have seen many many question sin the past where other developers have spent untold time trying to figure out how to simply get sales ready for shipping.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.