question

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 asked

[Bug]: eBay US Adult Items Possibly Surfacing in Finding API Calls

I'm seeing some isolated occurrences of eBay US Adult items, TopCatID=319, appearing in a simple Finding API findItemsAdvanced call, when searching Best Match in top cat Everything Else (CatID=99). This should never happen. It's fleeting, so when I attempt to reproduce & troubleshoot a few hours later, the item is gone. So, no available reproducible API call here yet; sorry. If I can get a finger on this and have something to share, I'll follow-up in this thread. Thankfully this seems to be a fleeting issue at the moment that probably barely anyone will notice.
finding apiadult
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

xiang.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
xiang.developersupport answered
Hi helios825, thank you very much for reporting this fleeting issue. Any update on this issue would be appreciated. Just a reminder, if there is an update, please share the request and the response with the HTTP headers (please exclude the credential information, such as token, certID, etc.).
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
This is another example of how Category IDPath and Name Path as provided in the Shopping API would be useful in the Finding API response. We could exclude items received by checking for category 319 in the path. 99:319:166838:4793 Everything Else:Adult Only:Sex Toys:Other Sex Toys
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
I've been seeing this effect happen a few times again, over the last several days. It's almost always a simple findItemsAdvanced call to eBay US, simply for CatID=99 (Everything Else) using Best Match, which occasionally surfaces an eBay US Adult item. Adult items are on a category sub-tree of 99. I'm seeing it sporadically right now. Here's a sample call: http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=____&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&REST-PAYLOAD&categoryId=99&itemFilter.name=HideDuplicateItems&itemFilter.value=true These items have appeared in some of my tests over the past 20 minutes: 391804877064 (CatID#166819) 292140479430 (CatID#323) ...But they'll likely be gone before anyone reading this gives it a try. But other such examples may eventually surface. I'll try to attach here the XML response for 1 of my above tests, which includes item 391804877064 . [link text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/ 1451-fia-adult-item.txt

fia-adult-item.txt (177.6 KiB)
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
I saw eBay US Adult item #391805862601 (CatID#323) included in results (same API call as I recently posted) just a couple hours ago, but only got a chance to post this now. eBay: to catch these occurrences live, you may want to consider polling the API call above every few minutes and check for Adult categories on items returned. (Make it a little easier on yourself by first implementing clickimusprime's idea of adding CatID path to the API response. ;) Perhaps digging into further API response pages beyond the first 100 items might yield results too, something I haven't tried.
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
I'm seeing some adult items surface again via the Finding API (fCI call). http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=______&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=adult+only&categoryId=99 At the moment, these item#s are appearing; all are in eBay US Adult: 370814711649 , 111618520732 , 362022240410 By the way, I've seen random occurrences of this since my last post in this thread, but they're sporadic, so I gave up appending reports to this thread. However this time I wonder if the search keywords are generic enough to make this anomaly reproducible enough to troubleshoot.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.