question

kaysproduction avatar image
0 Likes"
kaysproduction asked ·

API limits are below threshold

Hi, In the API limit page: https://go.developer.ebay.com/api-call-limits it states for: /sell/inventory eBay allows: 2 Million API calls per day I'm trying to do an update offer and I get that I exceeded usage limit on this call, I did only very few /sell/inventory calls, I did 5000 GetSuggestedCategories of Trading but not /sell/inventory and not 2 million. My response and headers below: status code: 400 {"errors":[{"errorId":25002,"domain":"API_INVENTORY","subdomain":"Selling","category":"REQUEST","message":"A user error has occurred. Your application has exceeded usage limit on this call, please make call to GetAPIAccessRules to check your call usage."}]} Headers: {'X-EBAY-REQUEST-ID': 'rci=LFe8KxoPB0ulwu2R,ri=Z3JLBlinfSdG!PUT_internal.sku.channel_availability.EBAY_US!10.177.38.125!r1invapi[]]]]]', 'Content-Length': '257', 'Cneonction': 'close', 'X-EBAY-C-VERSION': '1.0.0', 'RlogId': 't6pitnmsgwj70%3D9vjdpitnmsgwj70*2521346-15c37e590a0-0x13fb5', 'Connection': 'keep-alive', 'Date': 'Wed, 24 May 2017 00:40:11 GMT', 'X-EBAY-C-REQUEST-ID': 'ri=BFun2MCnba5X,rci=LFe8KxoPB0ulwu2R', 'Content-Type': 'application/json'} Thank You,
inventory apisell apiapi-limit
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, I just tested again and it seems that the update offer put request of the sell/inventory limits is tied with the limits of Trading API which is a total of 5000. Interesting that In the documentation it says that sell/inventory is a limit of 2 million. I did test other sell/inventory request, ex: create item, list offer, and it not get effected from the Trading API limit.
0 Likes 0 · ·
ander-qlfki avatar image
1 Like"
ander-qlfki answered ·
Apparently the sell/inventory calls are linked to the trading API...which doesn't seem right considering that the documentation lists the 2 million. It would be nice to hear from an eBay official, maybe @ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com, in regards to why the numbers for Sell (SKU-Based Inventory) are showing under Sell (Listing-Centric) / Trading numbers?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

artishup avatar image
0 Likes"
artishup answered ·
We are still following this topic, just in case one day eBay decides to help the sellers that uses the API u.u

hhv-shop avatar image
0 Likes"
hhv-shop answered ·
Hello, we have the same problem :( Our developer name is: hhvdevde Regard,

artishup avatar image
0 Likes"
artishup answered ·
@buy-hardware-supplies eBay doesnt listen to us :( If perhaps you find the solution of this problem please let us know :/

case-quantity-discount avatar image
0 Likes"
case-quantity-discount answered ·
@ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com I am also having this problem. My developer login is: jackRoark Thank you.

artishup avatar image
0 Likes"
artishup answered ·
Hello, We are having the same problem. @ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com @lester_developerprogram can you help us as well? Or anybody else? Our developer.ebay.com login username is thiagofaino Thankss

planetclever avatar image
0 Likes"
planetclever answered ·
Hello, I have the same problem. My developer.ebay.com login username is: planetclever I have an other open thread: https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/26037/sku-based-inventory-rest-calls-are-deducted-from-t.html @ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com can you help me? Or anybody else? **Please help, it is urgent!**

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hi folks, Can you provide your developer.ebay.com login username if you are still running into the rate limit error with SKU-Based Inventory API calls? Regards,

easy-ankauf avatar image
0 Likes"
easy-ankauf answered ·
The same here. We lost thousands of dollars and will lose many more thousands of dollars because it will take months (!) until we will have uploaded all of our items on several eBay marketplaces. We relied on this limit. It's a shame that this problem exists for half a year now: https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/20453/call-limits-with-rest-inventory-api.html

instylio avatar image
0 Likes"
instylio answered ·
I have the same problem. Can anyone from eBay explain how it works? Why if I use SKU-Based Inventory API I got limit from trading API?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.