question

advantagehobbyoutlet avatar image
1 Like"
advantagehobbyoutlet asked ·

Seller Hub does not show inventory items created through API

Items that I use the createOrReplace call with to the API show up when calling GetInventoryItem(s) but they do not show in the Sellers Hub under the Manage Inventory. I have confirmed that the oAuth and and account information are all correct. Please and advise would be appreciated.
inventory apiseller hub
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hi advantagehobbyoutlet, You are right that Inventory SKUs created via new API Inventory API are not currently supported in UI. We are working on it but I don't yet have an ETA. Best Regards,
· 1 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This response is honestly the worst case scenario. I've posted more below.
0 Likes 0 · ·
gmconsultin0 avatar image
2 Likes"
gmconsultin0 answered ·
I want to second @advantagehobbyoutlet's comment - the functionality of this API is an absolute embarrassment. My team has been at this for 2 weeks now, battling random 404s and 500 errors in the Sandbox UI and the Inventory API. So much of the API restrictions - like the delete endpoint mentioned above - make no sense whatsoever. It truly seems like this platform is being built ad-hoc, instead of from a well-tested specification, which has then been usability tested. The fact that YOU CANNOT PREVIEW AN ITEM BEFORE POSTING IT LIVE IS COMPLETELY INSANE. Actually *think* about it: You have a platform posting through thousands of items to a **live** store and the first time you get to visually check the entire process was correct is also when the general public can buy said items. Our current application is for a client with over **15000 products**, you expect a client to accept a product that cannot be properly tested until go-live day?!!?!?!??!?!!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
· 1 · Share

They're never going respond to this. I ended up paying for support and they ended up taking many days to respond, and then literally referred me back to this post asking if it was me and that they were sorry in their lack of response. There was no direct response in their support request other than that and I was left with the second post telling me that they're working it out. As of now nothing has been worked out.
0 Likes 0 · ·
2 Likes"
advantagehobbyoutlet answered ·
Why is this API in a production state? The sellers who are having developers create custom integrations with their "new APIs" can't create an end user product. Is it expected that I supposed to tell a seller that they can use our integration, but that they're only going to see their inventory in our integration, but to trust us....their inventory is being uploaded to their account? No seller is going to buy into this. This makes it impossible for developers to hand over a complete product to a seller? If I use the Inventory API to create an offer am I going to be able to see that offer through the seller hub? I'm completely skeptical that any of the other calls to the Inventory API are going to function as expected now.

case-quantity-discount avatar image
1 Like"
case-quantity-discount answered ·
I'm having the same issue. Should I delete everything via FileExchange and start over via the new Sell/Inventory APIs?

josergc avatar image
1 Like"
josergc answered ·
Hello! what is the status on this? Is not Seller Hub showing inventory items created through API yet? Thank you in advance!

1 Like"
@ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com turns out that In order to delete an inventory item, that item must first have a Title, Description, Images, Brand, and MPN if it doesn't have a UPC. Same as if you were to create or replace an item where the UPC doesn't match one already in the system. You can however CreateOrReplaceInventoryItems with just the sku, which is what I did. But in deleting it fails. This seems to be an error since it doesn't state this in the API docs like it does with the create inventory item with invalid/or no UPC: https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/rest/api-ref/inventory/inventory_item-sku__delete.html Is there anywhere that bugs can be reported on the API. The forum doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

1 Like"
@ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com When calling the DELETE /inventory_item/{sku}, it responds with no errors, but it's leaving the same 40 items in my inventory without actually removing them. Can that be explained? I had 311 items on my account, I then deleted all of them and only the 40 remain. I've tried multiple times to delete them with no success. This again relates back to the fact that I cannot see the items in the Seller Hub only through the GET /inventory_item. There is clearly a disconnect somewhere, but if the API is not working as expected I still am unable to use this product to create offers. All parts need to be functioning in order for us to move forward. Please advise.

3link.merchants avatar image
0 Likes"
3link.merchants answered ·
This issue is raised back in 2017, now 2020 still there is no solution for this? OMG. Please help me, someone. I'm a third party developer my clients want to see their items in the website also.

sanjeev_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjeev_developersupport answered ·
Hi @advantagehobbyoutlet, The Inventory API is ONLY compatible with the Inventory API. Meaning if an item was listed using any of the tools available via the UI on eBay.com or was listed using the Trading API, they will not surface using the Inventory API. Furthermore, you cannot use the Inventory API to revise or take any other action if they were listed using another method. At this time to use the Inventory API, it is "all or nothing". Also keep in mind if you were to start fresh and use Inventory API to list all items, those items are also not able to be touched by the UI or Trading API as it could "corrupt" the item.

accesoralia avatar image
0 Likes"
accesoralia answered ·
@ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com Hi, any update of this issue? Regards.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.