question

advantagehobbyoutlet avatar image
1 Like"
advantagehobbyoutlet asked

Seller Hub does not show inventory items created through API

Items that I use the createOrReplace call with to the API show up when calling GetInventoryItem(s) but they do not show in the Sellers Hub under the Manage Inventory. I have confirmed that the oAuth and and account information are all correct. Please and advise would be appreciated.
inventory apiseller hub
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered
Hi advantagehobbyoutlet, You are right that Inventory SKUs created via new API Inventory API are not currently supported in UI. We are working on it but I don't yet have an ETA. Best Regards,

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This response is honestly the worst case scenario. I've posted more below.
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Likes"
advantagehobbyoutlet answered
Why is this API in a production state? The sellers who are having developers create custom integrations with their "new APIs" can't create an end user product. Is it expected that I supposed to tell a seller that they can use our integration, but that they're only going to see their inventory in our integration, but to trust us....their inventory is being uploaded to their account? No seller is going to buy into this. This makes it impossible for developers to hand over a complete product to a seller? If I use the Inventory API to create an offer am I going to be able to see that offer through the seller hub? I'm completely skeptical that any of the other calls to the Inventory API are going to function as expected now.

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered
Hi advantagehobbyoutlet, Yes,once an offer is successfully published, an new listingId will be created/visible on eBay site and seller hub. Best Regards,

1 Like"
@ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com When calling the DELETE /inventory_item/{sku}, it responds with no errors, but it's leaving the same 40 items in my inventory without actually removing them. Can that be explained? I had 311 items on my account, I then deleted all of them and only the 40 remain. I've tried multiple times to delete them with no success. This again relates back to the fact that I cannot see the items in the Seller Hub only through the GET /inventory_item. There is clearly a disconnect somewhere, but if the API is not working as expected I still am unable to use this product to create offers. All parts need to be functioning in order for us to move forward. Please advise.

1 Like"
@ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com turns out that In order to delete an inventory item, that item must first have a Title, Description, Images, Brand, and MPN if it doesn't have a UPC. Same as if you were to create or replace an item where the UPC doesn't match one already in the system. You can however CreateOrReplaceInventoryItems with just the sku, which is what I did. But in deleting it fails. This seems to be an error since it doesn't state this in the API docs like it does with the create inventory item with invalid/or no UPC: https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/rest/api-ref/inventory/inventory_item-sku__delete.html Is there anywhere that bugs can be reported on the API. The forum doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

gmconsultin0 avatar image
2 Likes"
gmconsultin0 answered
I want to second @advantagehobbyoutlet's comment - the functionality of this API is an absolute embarrassment. My team has been at this for 2 weeks now, battling random 404s and 500 errors in the Sandbox UI and the Inventory API. So much of the API restrictions - like the delete endpoint mentioned above - make no sense whatsoever. It truly seems like this platform is being built ad-hoc, instead of from a well-tested specification, which has then been usability tested. The fact that YOU CANNOT PREVIEW AN ITEM BEFORE POSTING IT LIVE IS COMPLETELY INSANE. Actually *think* about it: You have a platform posting through thousands of items to a **live** store and the first time you get to visually check the entire process was correct is also when the general public can buy said items. Our current application is for a client with over **15000 products**, you expect a client to accept a product that cannot be properly tested until go-live day?!!?!?!??!?!!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

They're never going respond to this. I ended up paying for support and they ended up taking many days to respond, and then literally referred me back to this post asking if it was me and that they were sorry in their lack of response. There was no direct response in their support request other than that and I was left with the second post telling me that they're working it out. As of now nothing has been worked out.
0 Likes 0 ·
hubano avatar image
0 Likes"
hubano answered
Anyone else thinking of cutting their losses with their current state of development and trying the old API instead?

don't bother going back to the old API. They're eventually going to deprecate it and then remove it completely leaving you in the same position. I've worked with both the old and the new and experienced just as many issues with the old. We would receive the order and line items more than once, but the line items would retain the same lineItemId number. The orders wouldn't show up sometimes during the download process. All around we ended up not selling any longer through ebay due to the old API.
0 Likes 0 ·
parts_rescue avatar image
0 Likes"
parts_rescue answered
> "Don't bother going back to the old > API. They're eventually going to > deprecate it and then remove it > completely leaving you in the same > position." This is not true. Gail Frederick stood in front of an audience of developers in June and very clearly stated there are no plans to deprecate the Trading API. There won't be any development done on the old API's so using the new APIs makes way more sense in my mind but she was quick to reassure the development community with a huge investment in the existing platform that it was not going anywhere. As an example, they also committed that the older API's will become backwards compatible with the Oauth authentication at some point in the near future. They obviously wouldn't do that if the old API's were going away. I agree that the documentation should have clearly stated that the Seller Hub was not yet compatible with the new retail model under the new API's. That would have eliminated a lot of confusion. That said, I personally appreciate their "API first" approach. I would not want the eBay Development team to hear us saying we want to change that around and have them lead with web development first and have API follow. I appreciate that we know where they are going and have our applications ready first.

How can it be stated they "There won't be any development done on the old API's" and then go to state "the older API's will become backwards compatible with the Oauth authentication at some point in the near future"?
0 Likes 0 ·
Well, it is really to support the new API's right? They want to makes it easier to move existing applications to the new API's and it would be impractical to expect users to go through two different types of authentication. While there was a clear message at the developers conference that any new application should be built on the new API's, I think this move is also a acknowledgement that there is a ton of functionality in the old API's that does not exist yet in the new APIs.
0 Likes 0 ·
One other note from the conference. There was very clear and consistent feedback from the developer community that the stability of the sandbox is a huge issue. The eBay team acknowledged that and confirmed they had technology plans to make that experience much better.
0 Likes 0 ·
josergc avatar image
1 Like"
josergc answered
Hello! what is the status on this? Is not Seller Hub showing inventory items created through API yet? Thank you in advance!

a.hellier avatar image
0 Likes"
a.hellier answered
Just to bump this up to the top, its only been a year since it was initially asked, and with ebay only allowing epid data to be made via the new api's, this seems to be a massive oversight! come on eBay.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.