question

transtephen avatar image
0 Likes"
transtephen asked ·

Is there an api to get a copy of the entire product catalogue from eBay?

I'm trying to get a copy of Ebay's entire product catalogue to store on our backend databases. Unfortunately, I cannot find any api to do this. I know that I can get items by category using the findItemsByCategory api. But this method is api intensive and also has a max of 10,000 entries returned per category. Any other suggestions?
finding apicatalog
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
yazhou_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
yazhou_developersupport answered ·
Hi transtephen, You can use [GetCategories][1] to retrieve all categories on the site. Please be aware that using GetCategories to retrieve the category hierarchy only when necessary and retrieve category data only when a change in the category hierarchy version is indicated for the specified site (see "Checking the Category Hierarchy Version" in Maintaining Category Data for details on category versioning). Although checking the category version does not reduce the number of calls you make to GetCategories, you can optimize your calls by downloading category data only when needed. Best Regards [1]: http://+retrieve+all+categories+on+the+site
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.