question

icyb3474 avatar image
0 Likes"
icyb3474 asked

Create a Payment policy with payment method distinct to paypal with Account API (REST)

Can I create a Payment policy with a payment method distinct to paypal with Account API (REST) and then assign it to an Offer to publish it? I have items created with Inventory API (REST) and I want to publish them to see them in sanbox.ebay.com store allowing customers buy them with a credit card (visa/mastercard/etc)
listing-itemspublish offerpaymentmethodscredit card payment
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered
Hi icyb3474, Yes, you can create a payment policy with any supported [payment method][1] : [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/rest/api-ref/account/types/PaymentMethodTypeEnum.html Best Regards,
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

icyb3474 avatar image
0 Likes"
icyb3474 answered
Hi @zhuowei Thanks for your answer, I tried create a payment policy with OTHER that is listed in the link provided, but the API rejected it. Below is the request/response. Request: { "name": "Payment type: Other. Policy", "description": "Payment type: Other.", "marketplaceId": "EBAY_US", "categoryTypes": [ { "name": "ALL_EXCLUDING_MOTORS_VEHICLES", "default": false } ], "paymentMethods": [ { "paymentMethodType": "OTHER" } ], "immediatePay": false } Response: { "errors": [ { "errorId": 20405, "domain": "API_ACCOUNT", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "Invalid payment method. Other payment is not a supported payment method", "parameters": [ { "name": "fieldName", "value": "" }, { "name": "additionalInfo", "value": "Other payment is not a supported payment method" } ] } ] }
10 |600

ander-qlfki avatar image
0 Likes"
ander-qlfki answered
Hi @icyb3474 I found the following under the deposit.paymentMethods.paymentMethodType > **Note:** If you create item listings using the Inventory API, you must set > this field to PAYPAL (currently, the > Inventory API supports only > fixed-prince GTC items where the only > paymentMethod supported is PayPal). If you're using the API for the inventory and fixed-price items it looks like you have to use PAYPAL. Hopefully that helps.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.