question

tackn avatar image
0 Likes"
tackn asked ·

Cancel single item of multi order

I know I can do a full order cancellation via the v2 cancellation request. But I can't sort out how to cancel a single item of a multi-item order. The docs say I should call AddDispute to cancel a single item, but that doesn't appear to do anything, nor refund for the item. There also doesn't seem to be anyway to send a partial refund via eBay. I'm trying to avoid having to also deal with Paypal's API since a full cancellation works just fine. Am I missing something? Just trying to sort out how to cancel and/or refund a single item of a multi-item order on eBay. Thanks.
cancellationrefund
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tackn avatar image
0 Likes"
tackn answered ·
Then what does it mean when the docs for AddDispute say that it "Enables a seller to create an Unpaid Item case against a buyer, or to cancel a single line item order". I'm just curious what it actually does since calling it on a single line item in a order doesn't appear to do anything at all. https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/AddDispute.html

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

catherine_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
catherine_developersupport answered ·
@tackn Unfortunately we do not support partial refund. "[Currently, the cancellation operations in the Post-Order API act upon an entire order, so a single line item within a multiple line item order cannot be cancelled][1]" [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/guides/ebayfeatures/Development/Post-Order-Cancellations.html

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.