question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

Inventory Location - Location information not found, yet returned from API

Hi, The main error when trying to create an offer (using the new API): > A user error has occurred. Location information not found. Please try again or contact customer support. (for debugging purposes, RlogId: t6pitnmsgwj70%3D9un%7Fpitnmsgwj70*2751127-15be8cea966-0x57cc) 1. I have created the Inventory Location per API (this cannot be done through the My eBay portal, right?) 2. I am listing the available inventory locations (requesting the list per API) and selecting one. (This happens within the application, but I have confirmed that this step does what it should: make available an inventory-location from the list of API-provided locations, to be used in the next step.) 3. I'm referring to this selected Inventory Location (which came from the API result) in my Create Offer call. And yet somehow, it tells me 'Location information not found'.
offerinventoryinconsistent
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·
Apparently deleting and creating the Inventory Location again, worked. *('Have you tried turning it off and on again?')* Thanks for your assistance.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

olch_9154 avatar image
0 Likes"
olch_9154 answered ·

For future readers, the reason I got the message "A user error has occurred. Location information not found. Please try again or contact customer support." was because I had specified a merchantLocationKey in my offer that didn't exist, so if you're stuck on this error, double check that.

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·
Hi @ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com , I have confirmed, that the `merchantLocationKey` field is set (correctly) when calling `Get Offer`. I already suspected this because I call `Update Offer` just before it, but it was worth checking. It contains the same value as in the `Get Inventory Locations` `merchantLocationKey` field. Any other suggestions? :-)

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hi etiennbruine_0, Can you make [Get Offer][1] call and check [merchantLocationKey][2]? tag? If it's not returned, please call Update Offer API and add merchantLocationKey in your request. Please be aware that **merchantLocationKey** is required for publishing the offer. [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/rest/api-ref/inventory/offer-offerid__get.html [2]: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/rest/api-ref/inventory/offer__post.html#Request.merchantLocationKey Best Regards,

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.