question

youngevityisawesome avatar image
0 Likes"
youngevityisawesome asked ·

How to launch an API

Hi folks, I can code in multiple languages, no problem, and a new language is easy to learn. How do I actually use that code? How do I launch an API call that I have coded? Do I build a website (easy enough) that makes the call with the push of a button? I've heard there's an animal called an IPN Listener to install on a website. Is that involved? Do I send some kind of message to Ebay through my email system? Do I log into some spot of Ebay and enter some code? Do I encode some sort of Ebay report that they will then send to me? None of those options seem reasonable at this point, so how do I tell Ebay to send me the results of an API? Maybe you have seen what I eventually want. Immediately upon each sale, I want the particulars to get into my spreadsheet on Google Sheets. The usual sales data: name, address, what they bought, amount paid, and about 75 other Ebay (also PayPal) particulars. We ship only after PayPal says we have been paid. With the spreadsheet stuffed, we will fulfill the orders from our sheet, fast. Thanks for pointing me to the beginning of the trail. David
launch api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hi youngevityisawesome, I would suggest you to check out our new [fulfillment APIs][1] to see if that what you are looking for. If so, you will need to make[Get Orders][2] API call periodically to retrieve the paid orders that are ready for fulfillment processing . [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/rest/sell/content/fulfillment/overview.html# [2]: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/rest/api-ref/fulfillment/order__get.html
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.