question

a2hgo avatar image
0 Likes"
a2hgo asked

Issues with FindCompletedItems API

I'v noticed a couple of issues with the findCompletedItems api. If I hit the same API request multiple times with sort order "ending soonest" it returns returns a different number of completed items in a different order each time despite no further items having ended between each search. This appears to be the same on the ebay site itself too. Example Site URL for completed items for specific seller sorted 'ended soonest': http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_fsradio2=%26LH_PrefLoc%3D1&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&_salic=1&LH_SubLocation=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=%26LH_SpecificSeller%3D1&_saslop=1&_sasl=www-sweetheartdeals-com&_sop=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1 Secondly the above URL returns many sold items, whereas the equivalent API url shows all items as "EndedWithoutSales": http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&SECURITY-APPNAME=&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&REST-PAYLOAD&descriptionSearch=false&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=100&outputSelector(0)=PictureURLLarge&outputSelector(1)=SellerInfo&paginationInput.pageNumber=1&sortOrder=EndTimeSoonest&itemFilter(0).name=Seller&itemFilter(0).value(0)=www-sweetheartdeals-com All of this sellers listings have a listing type of "StoreInventory", are these not handled correctly as part of the findCompletedItems call?
findcompleteditems
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

xiang.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
xiang.developersupport answered
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

a2hgo avatar image
0 Likes"
a2hgo answered
Hi You're right, the query I provided now does appear to be returning consistent results each time, how strange. In terms of the second point, if I do a "sold only" search by this seller on the ebay website it returns 156 listings (at the time of this post): http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_fss=1&_fsradio=%26LH_SpecificSeller%3D1&_saslop=1&_sasl=www-sweetheartdeals-com&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=13 Whereas the same search using the API only returns 3 listings (appreciate the API is limited to 100 results but would have expected the full 100 results). http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&SECURITY-APPNAME=&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&REST-PAYLOAD&descriptionSearch=false&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=100&outputSelector(0)=PictureURLLarge&outputSelector(1)=SellerInfo&paginationInput.pageNumber=1&sortOrder=EndTimeSoonest&itemFilter(0).name=SoldItemsOnly&itemFilter(0).value(0)=true&itemFilter(1).name=Seller&itemFilter(1).value(0)=www-sweetheartdeals-com Edit: Note that for some reason the forum is replacing the ampersands with "em" in the above URL.
10 |600

xiang.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
xiang.developersupport answered
Hello a2hgo, Please note that findCompletedItems "searches for items whose listings are completed and are no longer available for sale". Hence the result should not be necessarily the same as your eBay site search result. If you still think the result should be the same, can you please tell us what filters/criteria you use for searching on the eBay site? Best Regards,
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
**Please note that findCompletedItems "searches for items whose listings are completed and are no longer available for sale"** That may be the key phrase. I think eBay on-site shows items that completed too -- but also have additional quantities still active are part of the same ItemID. Perhaps that's the reason for the discrepancy.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.