question

wheijke avatar image
0 Likes"
wheijke asked

German ebay items sometimes do not display on .com site, why?

title says all.

Both tested items ship 'worldwide', why does one open on ebay.com and the other not?

Can someone how I can see in my finding api search result that such an item does not show on ebay.com and should (apparently) be opened on it's originating site.

Help would be appreciated!

Wouter

finding-api
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wheijke avatar image
0 Likes"
wheijke answered

There was a redesign but this issue still exists. German ebay, item, shipping worldwide, on ebay.com it shows:

This listing (1234) has been removed, or this item is not available.

• Please check that you've entered the correct item number
    • Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.

When I change the url to ebay.de the item appears to not be removed at all!

I suppose ebay is still clueless

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wheijke avatar image
0 Likes"
wheijke answered

Thanks for the help EBAY!

I may be onto something here, while comparing many of these auctions carefully... it seems that when someone ships 'Worldwide" and does NOT offer Paypal (!?!?) the auction is NOT viewable on ebay.com!

Remarkable!

Wouter

btw, the new logo is way less outspoken then the old one, bad move!

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.