question

mitchellc avatar image
0 Likes"
mitchellc asked

What is the relationship between inventory/offer available quantity and listing quantity?

I notice that when there is a successful order for a listing created from an offer via the Create Offer and Publish Offer, the quantity on the Inventory item and Offer is not adjusted, but the quantity on the listing is adjusted. How does that all work? Does eBay subtract all the completed but not fulfilled orders from the available quantity on the listing? Example (sandbox): 1. Created an inventory item with quantity 1 2. Created an offer 3. Published the offer 4. Listing shows 1 available 5. Purchase 1 item (not fulfilled) 6. Listing now shows zero available 7. Inventory and Offer still show quantity=1
sell apiofferlistingquantityavailable
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
mitchellc avatar image
0 Likes"
mitchellc answered
Based on some experimentation, I think the quantity shown on the listing is [quantity as of last create/update inventory item] - [quantity sold since that last update] Can anyone confirm? My tests: 1. Update inventory item, quantity=1 2. Listing shows available=1 3. Purchase 1 item 4. Listing shows available=0 5. Inventory item and offering show quantity=1 6. Update inventory item, quantity=1 7. Listing shows available=1
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Marking accepted due to inactivity. Please re-post if not resolved.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.