question

dopjo0 avatar image
0 Likes"
dopjo0 asked ·

Unable to communicate with seller in sandbox needed for testing platform notifications

Hello, I'm trying to setup platform notifications so that I can get notifications whenever a buyer messages a seller. I have successfully configured webhook by making an api call to "SetNotificationPreferences" for "MyMessageseBayMessage" event type. The problem that arises is that I'm not able to test this and get the webhook response since whenever I try to communicate with test-seller from a test-buyer account in sandbox, I always get an error that the message could not be sent. Any ideas on how to approach this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
sandboxsandbox not workingplatform notificationsmessaging
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
catherine_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
catherine_developersupport answered ·
@dopjo0 There are 2 issues here: 1. You are receiving error "message could not be sent" when trying to contact seller. For this issue, you should be able to see your message if you make the "GetMemberMessages" as such: MailMessageType=All SenderID=sender_id ItemID=item_id 2. Unfortunately, "message" type notifications are not currently working in Sandbox right now. So even if you subscribe to an event such as MyMessagesM2MMessage the event is never triggered. I've filed a bug for this issue
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.