question

josephx86 avatar image
0 Likes"
josephx86 asked ·

Api Calls/Usage statistics

I have an application using the old eBay APIs to get details for items listed in Buy Now format. The application will need to keep track of the API call count so that the user will be notified when the limit has been reached for each day. I have tried using GetApiAccessRules API and the result I am getting is as shown at pastebin.com/Fr8zUwKW I'm not sure why I cannot get the actual usage values, including the 5000-call limit. Does anyone know what I can do or another API call I can use to get the API call count for my application? Thanks
trading apiapi call reports
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

catherine_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
catherine_developersupport answered ·
@josephx86 We do not have any other API for statistics. We are working on providing other API stat such as Finding and Shopping on the developer portal but the delivery date is not known yet.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

josephx86 avatar image
0 Likes"
josephx86 answered ·
@catherine_developersupport Thank for the info, but is there is a way to get that information via API? Context: I need my end-user program to be able to check (once or twice a day ) the API usage statistics. Is there an API call I can use for that? Search has led me to GetApiAccessRules - is that what I can use or is there another API call (or is there none)?

catherine_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
catherine_developersupport answered ·
@ josephx86, For Trading API, you may access the number of API calls per day by [logging into your developer account][1], next to App ID (Client ID), click on API Reports. This will give you daily usage for Trading API call counts. However, we do not currently have any way to allow developer to access their API usage for any other API other than Trading [1]: http://developer.ebay.com

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.