question

brt_sos avatar image
1 Like"
brt_sos asked ·

Finding API - sortOrder on diferent country (ebay.de, ebay.ie, ebay.pl)

Hi !

I have a problem. When i search item in browser on ebay.de, ebay.pl, ebay.ie, ebay.nl first i get local auction, and this is ok.

But when i use Finding API the results ist bad for EBAY-PL, EBAY-IE, EBAY-NL (worlds auctions first). Only EBAY-DE return good sort order (location auctions first).

Can you tell me why ?

thanks and regards

Bartosz Sosna

ordercountrysortorder
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brt_sos avatar image
0 Likes"
brt_sos answered ·

I find the solution.

I must used AvailableTo filter (ex PL).

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brt_sos avatar image
0 Likes"
brt_sos answered ·

Hi

Thanks for reply.

"Heard from the team here that in web, sites such as PL IE and NL are sorted by country and best match."

OK that is true, but the results is different even when i use "Time: newly listed" or "Price: lower first" order.

Again - the results order is ok on ebay.de API. If rest ebay country API don't use this sort, when we can expected this solution?

Again thanks for reply :)

regards

Bartosz Sosna

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·

Hi

Heard from the team here that in web, sites such as PL IE and NL are sorted by country and best match. That's why you see local listings first. This is the special logic in web. API has no such requirement.

Regards

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·

Hi

Was able to reproduce the issue and have filed a bug for the same.

The engineering team is looking into it. We'll let you know when we hear from them.

Regards

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.