question

compadvance_outlet avatar image
0 Likes"
compadvance_outlet asked

Colour vs Color in VariationSpecifics,gds

Ok so I spend three hours trying to figure what I am doing wrong. Consider AddFixedPriceItem request with following variations: 325890 333 12 Grade New, opened Memory RAM 4 GB Color Malinowy 8806084969491 330516 125.99 1 Grade New, opened Memory RAM 8 GB Color Porzeczkowy 8806084969491 Grade New, opened Memory RAM 4 GB 8 GB Color Malinowy Porzeczkowy This will give me the errors: > Requires Unique Variation Specifics and Item Specifics. > > Variation Specifics Mismatch. > > Missing name in name-value list. But if I'll use "Color" instead "Colour" everywhere the API call works fine. Proof: $ diff color.xml colour.xml *************** *** 2122,2124 **** ! Color --- 2122,2124 ---- ! Colour *************** *** 2164,2166 **** ! Color --- 2164,2166 ---- ! Colour *************** *** 2199,2201 **** ! Color --- 2199,2201 ---- ! Colour Now while I am ok with using "Color" instead "Colour" I wonder are there any other quirks like that? ,gd
variationspecifics
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davidtsadler avatar image
0 Likes"
davidtsadler answered
Things like this may be dependant upon the site that you are listing to as they are going to be tied into the country's language. For example Colour should be allowed if you are listing to the UK.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
compadvance_outlet answered
How can I find other quirks like this. I don't want to see this error if I'll use "grey" instead of "gray" etc.
10 |600

0 Likes"
compadvance_outlet answered
Ok I find I got the issue Requires Unique Variation Specifics and Item Specifics. so I can't use colour in item specifics and in variation specifics in same time
10 |600

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi, Yes you are right. The error message calls that out. And for getting the correct `` that are required for any category, you can make the GetCategorySpecifics API Call. Make sure to make check the SiteID when you are making the call as Categories are specific to the Site that you are listing your item in. Do let us know if you have further questions. Cheers!!!
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.