question

realgredenko avatar image
0 Likes"
realgredenko asked

Excluding Keywords not working with findAdvanced

So I have been able to get my search results successfully for the most part, and have been tinkering with my searches to see what works better. I noticed, however, that when I exclude keywords in my API call, my website will get results that include everything that is supposed to be excluded. But if I go to the exact search link that is created by the API call, it redirects me to eBay with the correct search in the search bar, and the results are properly filtered. What is wrong with my query? http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-VERSION=1.9.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=XXMyIDishereXX&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&keywords=%28polo+ralph+lauren%2Cvintage+polo+sport%29-women+-dress&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=96&paginationInput.pageNumber=1&outputSelector(0)=SellerInfo&outputSelector(1)=SellerInfo&sortOrder=EndTimeSoonest So as you can see, I was filtering out women's items, but my results will contain items with women in the title. But if you go to ebay's site with this link, it will have none: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=%28polo+ralph+lauren%2Cvintage+polo+sport%29-women+-dress&_ddo=1&_ipg=96&_os=S%7CS%7CD&_pgn=1&_sop=1 Any help is appreciated.
finditemsadvancedsearchkeywordsexclude
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
realgredenko avatar image
0 Likes"
realgredenko answered
I found the solution, thanks! Oh, you're welcome! Anyway, it appears if you are missing a space between the search and a filtered keyword, the ebay site adds the space in. But in your API call, it screws it up for some reason. So I had (search,term)-filter -nextfilter and this results in "filter" not being filtered properly.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.