question

undercovercondom avatar image
2 Likes"
undercovercondom asked ·

No Buyer Email Address being returned in the new Sell/Fulfillment/Get Orders API

We've been using the older Trading API's for importing orders for years now. I'm moving us onto the newer REST API's for both inventory management (which is was better) and order fulfillment. However in the new Get Orders API ( https://api.ebay.com/sell/fulfillment/v1/order) there is no email address returned at all like in the older trading API. Is there something I'm missing? I don't see any reference to a buyer email address in the API reference documents. We connect all orders to an internal account by email address as well as needing the ability to reach out to the customer for any reason. Thanks for your help! -Ryan
getorderssell apifulfillment apinew api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
· 1 ·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This is very bad, email address is essential since this is the primary key to identify users in the system from multiple ecommerce stores such amazon, shopify they all provide email address as part of the order response from their respective api. No wonder eBay's stock continues to decline because of such malpractices and lack of dev support.
0 Likes 0 ·
bryanhadlock avatar image
3 Likes"
bryanhadlock answered ·
@ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com why has this been marked as answered. Thanks for showing us the old web service, but the new API does not have an email address in it. https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/rest/api-ref/fulfillment/order__get.html the API call to https://api.ebay.com/sell/fulfillment/v1/order is for Orders that we are for fulfilling and need the email for shipping instructions. I assume you sent us to that link to show us the policy. > "Email address for the user. Please > see the links below to the topics > related to anonymous user information > and static email addresses. You cannot > retrieve an email address for any user > with whom you do not have an order > relationship, regardless of site." Anyone using that API call has an order relationship with their customer. Please let us know when it will be added to the API, or how to get the email with another call. I assume I need to use the old web service for now.
·

auschoice_online avatar image
0 Likes"
auschoice_online answered ·
Same here, GetOrders returns some email addresses and not others, we can get buyers email addresses consistently via GetSellingManagerSoldListings, however this service lacks phone numbers and full shipping addresses. So in theory we can get around it by calling both GetSellingManagerSoldListings and Get Orders to get enough information for order fulfilment, but what a pain and shouldn't need to be so. Buyer email addresses and contact number are essential for some courier services. The fact that we can see those details via eBay web GUI, yet limited via API doesn't make any sense. Let hope eBay get this sorted soon.
·

aerendir-ita avatar image
0 Likes"
aerendir-ita answered ·
@kayaqb , unfortunately no one knows this. From the [official response from eBay][1]: > Based on Trust and Safety policies, the time is unspecified and can vary by site. [1]: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=349
·

kayaqb avatar image
0 Likes"
kayaqb answered ·
@aerendir-ita buyer email in the TradingAPI GetOrders is always returning "Invalid Request". Any idea how many days after the order the buyer's email address disappears?
·

aerendir-ita avatar image
0 Likes"
aerendir-ita answered ·
@kayaqb, use the Trading API... I did this, switching from the selling api to the trading api, only for the email. The replies to this 3d are imprecise and wrong: there is no policy to apply to emails. Simply the email is returned for a limited period of time. Then the API (Trading) returns "Invalid request". But always return an email if the buyer placed an order. I don't understand why the new API does not return the email: it is simply non-logic. Other competitors of eBay returns a custom email, but always return an email. Only eBay decided that we don't need an email. Bah... More, it also contradicts itself: the Trading API returns the email, the Sell Api doesn't. So we cannot switch to the new API and its adoption will be very very slow... Dear eBay, you are doing things wrong. Listen to your customers! (developers in this case).
·

kayaqb avatar image
0 Likes"
kayaqb answered ·
Still no buyer email address available. Could someone from eBay please confirm whether there are any plans to make the buyer's email address available in the API?
·

fra_tech avatar image
0 Likes"
fra_tech answered ·
Since the question is not really answered and as bryanhadlock pointed out, I can't make that call unless I have a relationship with that order, I need to bump this. Same as mitchellc, eBay - any updates on this?
·

mitchellc avatar image
0 Likes"
mitchellc answered ·
"For the order retrieval calls, the buyer's registration email address is only returned if the buyer is registered on the DE, AT, or CH sites, regardless of the seller's registration site and the site to which the seller sends the request." So that means that for buyers who are registered on the US site, we will not get the email address?
·

mitchellc avatar image
0 Likes"
mitchellc answered ·
Same problem here. eBay - any plans to make the email address available?
·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.