question

memorie_pro avatar image
0 Likes"
memorie_pro asked ·

setStoreCategories: How many and how deep

Hi everybody! Have a couple of questions about StoreCategories: how many level 1 categories can we create? and how many level 2 and 3 subcategories? and is it possible to create also level 4 - 5 - 6 ... subcategories? since in the [documentation]( http://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/SetStoreCategories.html) it is written that eBay Stores support three Category levels: but it is also written: __Recursion__: There is no limit to the number of levels you can submit and also, if it was not clear enough: _ChildCategory can be nested within itself an unlimited number of times_ well, in my simple mind, three categories levels does not match with "there is no limit to the number of levels" Moreover, somewhere, not in the documentation, it is stated that it is possible to create up to 300 Categories, while somewhere else that 300 is the limit of Categories and SubCategories: Again, these limits do not match with "there is no limit to the number of levels..." since if there is no limit.. I could create even 500 Categories or 5000. Does somebody know the answer? Thanks!
setstorecategories
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, As the documentation says, no matter what the category level is, it is still a category by itself. Hence the total is 300. Let me know if you have further questions. Cheers!!!
·
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.