question

briamontfor0 avatar image
0 Likes"
briamontfor0 asked ·

FindCompletedItemsRequest getting more then the website, but missing some items on the website.

I don't know if there is something I'm dong wrong, or what have you, but if I do a keyword search on completed items, and call them, the website current returns 300+, but my API call returns 700+ items... one item that is a huge seller, doesn't even show up in my return API call. Here is the code, and if you've seen this or have any advice, please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. ClientConfig config = new ClientConfig(); // Initialize service end-point configuration config.EndPointAddress = " http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1";; // set eBay developer account AppID config.ApplicationId = Properties.Settings.Default.eBayAppID; // Create a service client FindingServicePortTypeClient client = FindingServiceClientFactory.getServiceClient(config); FindCompletedItemsRequest request = new FindCompletedItemsRequest(); request.keywords = keyWord; PaginationInput pi = new PaginationInput(); pi.entriesPerPage = 100; pi.entriesPerPageSpecified = true; pi.pageNumber = 1; pi.pageNumberSpecified = true; request.paginationInput = pi; // Call the service //FindItemsByKeywordsResponse response = client.findItemsByKeywords(request); FindCompletedItemsResponse response = client.findCompletedItems(request); // Show output // logger.Info("Ack = " + response.ack); // logger.Info("Find " + response.searchResult.count + " items."); if (response != null) { if (response.searchResult != null) { if (response.searchResult.item != null) { SearchItem[] items = response.searchResult.item; foreach (SearchItem value in items) { ResultData rd = new ResultData(value); rValues.Add(rd); } int totalPages = response.paginationOutput.totalPages; if (totalPages > 1) { if (isUnlimited) { int count = 1; for (int x = 2; x <= totalPages; x++) { rValues = await SearchEbayWebsiteByKeyword(keyWord, rValues, x, client); count++; } if (rValues.Count() < response.paginationOutput.totalEntries) { while (rValues.Count() < response.paginationOutput.totalEntries) { rValues = await SearchEbayWebsiteByKeyword(keyWord, rValues, count, client); count++; } } } else { for (int x = 2; x <= maxPages; x++) { if (rValues.Count() < response.paginationOutput.totalEntries) { rValues = await SearchEbayWebsiteByKeyword(keyWord, rValues, x, client); } else { break; } } } } } } }
finding-apisold-item-list
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Also, while I haven't verified this, I think the fCI call only returns items that have completely ended. If that's true, and if the eBay website shows completed items that haven't fully ended yet -- 1 item was sold + 3 more items still live/available -- that might account for some of the discrepancies.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
It's always hard to compare result counts with the eBay front-end site because there are different factors eBay uses to generate results there. On the eBay site, it's possible the count of items can be curtailed by alleged personalization factors dependent on the logged-in user's shopping patterns. Also, geotargeting of the logged-in user may affect things too. Also, maybe the API call goes back further in time than the website. Not sure. They just did a bunch of repairs on the fCI call a couple months ago after it was failing overtly. If it's returning more results now than the eBay website, I wouldn't complain.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.