question

nalf3 avatar image
1 Like"
nalf3 asked ·

MOST WATCHED items SORT option

Please add the MOST WATCHED items SORT option to the Finding API. It will allow us to sort by popularity and replace the defunct FindPopularItems... Thank you!
finding apifindpopularitemsmost watched
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered ·
I wholeheartedly concur! Please add MostWatched as a new sorting option. Finding API calls like findItemsAdvanced (fIA) already allow for sorts like CurrentPriceHighest and BidCountMost, so I would think MostWatched (or WatchCountMost) wouldn't be too difficult. Also, please return the WatchCount in search results, perhaps via an Output Selector if needed. Just the 2 above additions to Finding API calls would almost completely replace the functionality of the deprecated FPI call (as the OP noted), which uniquely shows most watched eBay items for keyword-based searches -- a valuable service for certain end-users that no other API call is able to do. Thank you!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nalf3 avatar image
0 Likes"
nalf3 answered ·
It seems to work properly. It's just that when I tested the WatchCountDecrease sort my sales dropped. I thought it was a question of revelancy but I'm not sure anymore. I seem to have a very very bad month, it's hard to tell.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
@nalf3 : It sounds like you're saying that the new sort feature may be functioning properly, but simply isn't applicable to your use case. Or, if you think it's broken in some fashion, please let us know.

nalf3 avatar image
0 Likes"
nalf3 answered ·
After testing for the last 2 weeks I realised that the new WatchCountDecreaseSort sort option is almost useless in my case. The search results are often irrelevant so my sales dropped. The best would be to sort by BestMatch and then sort by WatchCountDecreaseSort. Anyway, I switched back to BestMatch.

nalf3 avatar image
0 Likes"
nalf3 answered ·
Oh my! I did not know it was already implemented. I was waiting for the official release note before trying. If I understand there is a sort option but the value is not returned? Weird! I can live with that. I'll give it a try... Thank you!

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
The most-watched sort works (or at least it appears to). Including # of watchers in API response is what we're waiting on...

nalf3 avatar image
0 Likes"
nalf3 answered ·
What is happening with that!? The [release not][1] has not been updated for a while now. I'm disapointed. :( [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/finding/ReleaseNotes.html

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
**This works good and better, but we need the watch count number when the sort is WatchCountDecreaseSort.** Agreed!

ryanandmichell avatar image
0 Likes"
ryanandmichell answered ·
This works good and better, but we need the watch count number when the sort is WatchCountDecreaseSort.

nalf3 avatar image
0 Likes"
nalf3 answered ·
Wow wow wow! This is a wonderful news! I'm surprised. Let's say that lately we had very bad news from EPN. I was not holding my breath on that but I'm glad I was wrong! Thank you so much helios for your help! And thanks to the EPN developers! Can't wait for the official release!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.