question

nalf3 avatar image
1 Like"
nalf3 asked ·

FindPopularItems no longer working?

I know that FindPopularItems has been deprecated since a while but it was still working. Now it always returns "No match found for your query". Do you know if it's only a temporary glitch? Any idea how to replace that call? I know about getMostWatchedItems but it only takes a category id. I need to find popular items by keywords. Any input appreciated...
file exchange
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
3 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Update on FPI: As of late last week, they're still working on it... But also... Check out the [good news in this thread][1] that helps here. [1]: https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/20014/most-watched-items-sort-option.html?sort=newest

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered ·
@nalf3 : No, I didn't open a ticket. I have a contact at eBay and we're trying to see if the API team can repair this call, despite it being deprecated. I'm not sure if we're making progress yet, but we're trying....

ryanandmichell avatar image
0 Likes"
ryanandmichell answered ·
Any updates to this? It has been over a month now.

nalf3 avatar image
0 Likes"
nalf3 answered ·
Can you get me a raise in commission rate at the same time please??? :) Just kidding, thanks for your help!

meilingw avatar image
0 Likes"
meilingw answered ·
Hey Jake, Yeah, it's probably on it's last legs. Good to hear from you!

nalf3 avatar image
0 Likes"
nalf3 answered ·
Fantastic Helios! I'm glad you have contacted Ebay about that. You have opened a ticket? Maybe I should do the same to put a little more pressure...

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Hey Michelle: Good to see you again! Glad you're still out there. I've been meaning to email you for like, eons... FPI- still busted, but partially working at the moment. Still LOTS of items missing from the responses. Just a few token items being returned. I can't tell whether it's being worked on or not. Maybe just flailing about as it dies for good? I know it's officially deprecated. Got it. Still, I've been in touch with eBay to see if it still can be resuscitated for a while longer...

meilingw avatar image
0 Likes"
meilingw answered ·
Hey Helios, you are still doing a great job in this community. This is lucky question # 20,000! Pretty cool. Michelle

nalf3 avatar image
0 Likes"
nalf3 answered ·
You obviously did not read my post.

catherine_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
catherine_developersupport answered ·
Shopping API FindPopularItems and FindPopularSearches are deprecated

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.