question

nazgamer avatar image
0 Likes"
nazgamer asked ·

endTimeFrom and endTimeTo having no affect on findCompletedItems

Hi, I'm trying to use the findCompletedItems with (admittedly) the ebay API [python port][1]. Besides the fact that I'm using the port, would anyone have any idea why using the endTimeFrom and endTimeTo itemFilter fields are having no affect on my search results? For example, I use: {'name': 'endTimeFrom', 'value': '2017-01-01T00:00:00.000Z'} {'name': 'endTimeTo', 'value': '2017-01-25T00:00:00.000Z'} But the first result I get has the following fields: 'startTime': '2017-03-19T21:11:29.000Z', 'endTime': '2017-03-26T21:11:29.000Z' which is not in the range I specified. Has anyone else successfully used the endTimeFrom and endTimeTo itemFilter fields with 'findCompletedItems'? [1]: https://github.com/timotheus/ebaysdk-python
findcompleteditemsitemfilterdatetimetimeendtimefromdate
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nazgamer avatar image
0 Likes"
nazgamer answered ·
The problem was just a typo. The 'name' field should be capitalized. So it should be : 'name': 'EndTimeFrom' as opposed to 'name' : 'endTimeFrom' Full Example (in Python, using python SDK): api = finding(debug=opts.debug, appid=opts.appid,config_file=opts.yaml, warnings=True) api_request = { # 'keywords': 'camera', 'categoryId' : '15230', # 15230 : Film cameras 'categoryId' : '31388', # 31388 : Digital cameras 'itemFilter': [ {'name': 'LocatedIn', 'value': 'US'}, {'name': 'Currency', 'value':'USD'}, {'name': 'Condition', 'value': 'Used'}, {'name': 'MinPrice', 'value': minPrice}, {'name': 'MaxPrice', 'value': maxPrice}, {'name': 'ListingType', 'value':'Auction'}, {'name': 'HideDuplicateItems', 'value':'true'}, {'name': 'EndTimeFrom', 'value': endTimeFrom}, {'name': 'EndTimeTo', 'value': endTimeTo} ], 'outputSelector': [ 'PictureURLLarge', 'SellerInfo', 'UnitPriceInfo' ], 'paginationInput': { 'entriesPerPage': entriesPerPage, # max = 100 'pageNumber': pageNum # execute the call with subsequent values for this field }, 'sortOrder' : 'EndTimeSoonest' } response = api.execute('findCompletedItems', api_request) dic = response.dict()

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

catherine_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
catherine_developersupport answered ·
@nazgamer, can you give the complete example?
· 1 · Share

Thanks for replying. I figured it out - just a typo ><. I'll post more details about the context below.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.