question

buchmariede avatar image
0 Likes"
buchmariede asked ·

Create Inventory item by ISBN, 'Invalid value for .'

I would like to create an inventory item by providing the ISBN Number of the item (Book) only. I have tried this in the API Explorer: { "availability": { "shipToLocationAvailability": { "quantity": 1 } }, "condition": "USED_GOOD", "product": { "isbn": [ "9783499269721" ] } } but i get the following error message; { "errors": [ { "errorId": 25709, "domain": "API_INVENTORY", "subdomain": "Selling", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "Invalid value for ." } ] } 1. What does this error message mean? 2. Is it the right way to create a item by isbn?
errorselling apiisbn
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hi buchmariede, When you pass a product identifier ( isbn, upc, ean ..) in your Create Inventory Item request, as it states [here][1] *"eBay searches for the product in the eBay product catalog, and if a match is found, the inventory item is automatically populated with available product details such as a title, a product description, item specifics, and links to stock images for the product"*. No match is found for isbn:9783499269721, hence your request was blocked when product.title, product.imageUrls and product.description not being specified in the same request. Adding product.title, product.imageUrls and product.description will fix the error. That being said, however; the error message does not help at all. We have reported the problem to our engineering team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/rest/api-ref/inventory/inventory_item-sku__put.html#Request.product.mpn Best Regards,
·
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.