question

dchenhns avatar image
1 Like"
dchenhns asked

Got a "refresh token is invalid or expired" error even though the User token is brand new

I obtained a new User Token from the sandbox web portal. When I tried to refresh it using the Rest API following the documentation. I got a "refresh token is invalid or expired" even though the User token is brand now. See attached screen shots. Can you check what's the issue?
refresh token rest api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
davidtsadler avatar image
1 Like"
davidtsadler answered
When you obtain an OAUTH token via the API you get two values in the response. One is the auth token that is valid for a short period of time. The second value is the refresh token that has a longer life span and is the value that you use when refreshing a user token. Sadly when getting an OAUTH token via the sandbox web portal you are only given the auth token which can not be passed when refreshing a user token. eBay will need to improve the web portal so that the refresh token is returned as well.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.