question

pearl.gmbh avatar image
0 Likes"
pearl.gmbh asked

No data in Marketing API

Hello together, while we could successfully generate our oauth tokens and get the calls to the ebay servers, we are not getting any data back from a GetAllCampaigns call - though we have 10 active campaigns since 2 years. We checked, that all requirements are met, and we see no error, we get no error responses, just empty data: { "href": " https://api.ebay.com/sell/marketing/v1/ad_campaign?offset=0&limit=10", "total": 0, "campaigns": [], "limit": 10, "offset": 0 } What and were could we possibly check now, why we have no access to our 10 active campaigns? Kind regards, M.W.
api-problem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pearl.gmbh avatar image
0 Likes"
pearl.gmbh answered
Hi zhuowei, I think I found the "**flaw**" - when I create the campaign by API call, I will get the list with GetAllCampaigns. The old campaigns are invisible as they existed before the API (and the campaign IDs are shorter!). So the **workaround** for us is to deactivate the old campaigns and start over with new ones using the Marketing API. The only thing is to get rid of the old campaigns somehow, so the cockpit view is clean again. I think we can handle that. Best regards, M.W.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered
Hi pearl.gmbh, Can you check www.ebay.de/sh/mkt/promotionsmanager/dashboard and see if there are order discount campaigns showing in the UI? **Note:** 1. Deleted campaigns will not show through this call 2. Non order discount campaigns will not show through this call 3. Markdown manager or promoted listings campaigns will not show through this call Best Regards,

pearl.gmbh avatar image
0 Likes"
pearl.gmbh answered
Hi zhuowei, thanks for the comment. The problem is that those campaign are promoted listings (they show in the Cockpit for Ads on pls.ebay.de) and therefore will not show up the **GetAllCampaigns** call, right? But I get in **GetPromotions** same empty data. And I didn't expect the campaigns to pop-up here anyway as those would be the discount promotions in this call. So how can I get my hands on the promoted listings campaigns then? I understood documentation that way, that I get them with **GetAllCampaign** call - which seems obviously wrong - which call will get me then to a list of the promoted listing campaigns? The dashboard link shows that we have no active promotions - only those 10 promoted listings. So the **GetAllCampaign** call is correctly empty. Now how can I list the promoted listings then? A **GetAds** will need campaign IDs, which I hoped I get from **GetAllCampaigns** as overview, which is now obvious not to work out. So I still need a hint how to obtain the campaign ID, when I didn't create the campaign by API. (I know the response header will hold the ID when I use the create call) Any clue appreciated. *Best regards,* M.W.

3_small avatar image
0 Likes"
3_small answered
Hello @pearl.gmbh, If you log onto the UI ( https://www.ebay.de/sh/mkt) you'll see that there are no campaigns showing in your dashboard so the result is actually correct. If your ended campaigns have been deleted then they would not be returned by this call. Please note, you do need to include a marketplace ID in your call to get a positive result (status = 200). Kind regards,

utopiadeals avatar image
0 Likes"
utopiadeals answered
hi zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com could you please tell me what is the call to get promoted listing campaign as (https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/rest/sell/content/selling-ig/marketing/promoted-listings.html) is referring to same call to get all promoted listing campaign. please correct me if i am wrong some where

foto-markt avatar image
0 Likes"
foto-markt answered
Still no update from ebay? The It for the campaigns seen on the Web UI are coded in the html. I have the id but there is no way to access this via api, not via get del or end. Maybe a bug in API?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.