question

kamis_brand_japan avatar image
0 Likes"
kamis_brand_japan asked ·

AddFixedPriceItemCall 10007:Internal error to the application.

We attempted to add a item "AddFixedPriceItemCall" to eBay sandbox. However, "10007: Internal error to the application" occurs, it does not work properly. Writing html using CDATA to Description will result in this error. It is not a problem to write string data to Description without using CDATA. Please let me know what is wrong.
descriptioncdataaddfixedpriceitemcall
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Messages.log <![CDATA[ <p>This is a test description.</p> ]]>
0 Likes 0 · ·
![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/1233-cdata.jpg
0 Likes 0 · ·
cdata.jpg (28.0 KiB)
You have converted the CDATA tags to htmlentities so they are no longer valid. There are two ways to specify the description. 1. Don't convert the description to htmlentities. Because you are using a CDATA section you don't have to worry about breaking the XML in the request. <Description><![CDATA[<p>This is a test description.</p>]]></Description> 2. Use htmlentities and remove the CDATA section. <Description>&lt;p&gt;This is a test description.&lt;/p&gt;</Description>
0 Likes 0 · ·
pyramydair avatar image
0 Likes"
pyramydair answered ·
@davidtsadler, @sree_developersupport could you please investigate this problem and look at my previous comment ? Thanks.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pyramydair avatar image
0 Likes"
pyramydair answered ·
Hello, this problem is not resolved. I tried to add item within sandbox (using "AddFixedPriceItem" request, LMS) with the following description: TargetEliminatorCrosmanbyCrosman OR TargetEliminatorCrosmanbyCrosman But in the "AddFixedPriceItem" response was specified error: Internal error to the application. Internal error to the application. 10007 Error RequestError I tried to do this several times but in all cases I received this error. Please investigate this problem one more time and provide possibility to add items through API operation in sandbox account. Thanks.

0 Likes"
kamis_brand_japan answered ·
We changed our approach to remove CDATA. It was updated without problem. Thank you.

0 Likes"
Please check it out, we think we have no mistake. ![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/1269-debugitem.jpg

debugitem.jpg (86.2 KiB)
· 1 · Share

When passing embedded HTML in the XML there are two ways of doing it. 1. Convert the HTML into HTML entities. 2. Keep the HTML as it is, but wrap the string in CDATA tags. It seems that the SDK that you are using will automatically convert any HTML into entities. This means that you don't need to use the CDATA. Just do the following. item.Description = @"

This is a test description.

"; Your SDK will take care of converting the string into the correct format so that it can be embedded into the XML request.
0 Likes 0 · ·
0 Likes"
Do you have any other settings to use CDATA for product description? We are only entering String information...

0 Likes"
Thank you for your reply! But we can't do well. I saw the attached image, but it will not be the same. Our program code changes like the attached image.

messagelog.jpg (35.2 KiB)
ourprogram.jpg (10.8 KiB)

sree_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sree_developersupport answered ·
Hi @kamis_export_japan, I tried adding a FixedPriceItem with CDATA as shown in the snippet below. I was able to get the description without the tags. My suggestion would be to replace < to < and > to > and try it out. Please refer to the image as an example to do to the same. ![alt text][1] ![alt text][2] [1]: /storage/temp/1263-descriptiontag.jpg [2]: /storage/temp/1264-mcbooktest.jpg Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

descriptiontag.jpg (15.7 KiB)
mcbooktest.jpg (39.2 KiB)

0 Likes"
We have used CDATA to perform the update using the product application key. Then, although "AddFixedPriceItem" succeeded, the actual product explanation was broken! **This is an urgent matter for our business! Please fix it urgently.** In short, the eBay product server does not correctly recognize the CDATA tag.

0 Likes"
![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/1234-viewfromactivsell.jpg

· 1 · Share

Thank you for your reply. I called "AddFixedPriceItem" again today, the update was completed normally. However, the CDATA termination tag is displayed in the Description to be displayed. Please check again.
0 Likes 0 · ·
sree_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sree_developersupport answered ·
Hi @kamis_export_japan, Thanks for your post. It has confirmed this is a Sandbox bug that AddItem and AddFixedPriceItem family of calls throwing error "Internal error to the application", and the issue seems to be intermittent. Our engineering team is working on a fix. I would suggest you to retry the call when it happens. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.