question

jtmtnman avatar image
0 Likes"
jtmtnman asked

How to filter a findcompleteditems call?

I'm a little confused on how the api call works for ebay. I cant seem to find the correct way to add "filters" or search parameters to my url call. I'm using this. http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=MYAPPID&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&REST-PAYLOAD&productId.@type=UPC&productId=786936213843&searchResult.item.sellingStatus.sellingState=EndedWithSales The main thing i want to accomplish is only show items that ended with sales. As you can see i don't have it correctly used. I cant find any clear docs on how to add the parameters to the call. Also i would like to remove any other unnecessary data that i will not use. Basically i need to see only US listings, only completed with sales, the selling price, shipping, and the name of the item. Thanks for any help in the right direction.
findcompleteditemsfilterendwithsales
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yes. I do understand there are some bugs with this specific call at the moment.
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
You are confusing output nodes with input parameters. It's a common error. e..g searchResult.item.sellingStatus.sellingState/EndedWithSales is part of the response (output section), not part of the request (input section). The result of this is that you are in effect making up parameters the API doesn't expect and they are being ignored. itemFilters are mentioned at the top of the docs. SoldItemsOnly is the item filter that corresponds to the =EndedWithSales option. http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/finding/CallRef/types/ItemFilterType.html On any doc page, go to the Samples, URL Format section near the bottom to see an example of a URL request. Then add/change parameters from the Input section of the docs, which also includes itemFIlters.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ok. So this is what i need? itemFilter.SoldItemsOnly=true
0 Likes 0 ·
Read the itemFilter doc, There are examples for some of the other parameters that show how to format itemFilters.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.