question

girishlalp avatar image
0 Likes"
girishlalp asked ·

is the search on ebay and item_summary/search different?

I get 0 items when I try https://api.ebay.com/buy/browse/v1/item_summary/search?q=lowcost+Canon&limit=2&offset=0 But ebay.com search for "lowcost canon" returns so many results. why?
api-problem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jerryhamby avatar image
0 Likes"
jerryhamby answered ·
@catherine_developersupport : I have tried a dozen ways and yet every time I get a total of zero. This ISBN # is listed under the 2228 CategoryId. Please advise... https://api.sandbox.ebay.com/buy/browse/v1/item_summary/search?q=1491970162&category_ids=2228&filter=price:[3..100],priceCurrency:USD&limit=10"; statusCode":200 ISBN# : 1491970162 (Programming iOS 10: Dive Deep into Views, View Controllers, and Frameworks) Cat# : 2228 (Textbooks, Education)

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

catherine_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
catherine_developersupport answered ·
@girishlalp The search result on eBay.com should be consistent with /item_summary/search call. When I search for "lowcost canon" on eBay.com 0 result is return, which is consistent with the 0 result from /item_summary/search. Do you see any other discrepancies? Please report if you do.

catherine_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
catherine_developersupport answered ·
@girishlalp That is a good question. Buying API, FindingAPI, and web search can all vary on its results. We will clarify with the engineering team and get more information

gragra33 avatar image
0 Likes"
gragra33 answered ·
This may be your problem: *&limit=2&offset=0* - Limiting results to a max of 2 entries.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.