question

champton78 avatar image
0 Likes"
champton78 asked ·

ebaysdk: findCompletedListing does not return consistent results

I'm new to the eBay API, but I'm trying to use it to look at completed auctions. I found the Python package ebaysdk and have the most recent version installed and working. However, if I run the query and get back the results, and then run it immediately again, same parameters and everything, I get back completely different results. Also, the first time I run it, I do get back some auctions where the item has sold, but on repeated attempts, I am only getting items that did not sell. My implementation follows the author's examples that I've seen on GitHub. The only difference that I made was to automatically iterate through the page numbers to get additional results before the first page. I'm not sure what the issue is, but hopefully someone here does. Small changes between results are understandable, but I can't see to understand why I'm getting COMPLETELY different results running the exact same query multiple times. from ebaysdk.finding import Connection as Finding from ebaysdk.exception import ConnectionError # define eBay API credentials sandbox_id = '123456789' prod_id = '123456789' # test API in sandbox api = Finding(domain=' svcs.sandbox.ebay.com', appid=sandbox_id, config_file=None) response = api.execute('findCompletedItems', {'categoryId': '6161'}) pprint(response.dict()) # query the API and store results results = [] page_num = 1 while True: try: api = Finding(appid=prod_id, config_file=None) response = api.execute('findCompletedItems', {'categoryId': '6161', 'paginationInput': {'pageNumber': page_num}}) r = response.dict() if r['ack'] == "Success": results.append(r) else: print(r) break except ConnectionError as e: print(e) print(e.r) break
api-problempythonsdk-api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

catherine_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
catherine_developersupport answered ·
@champton78, As clickimusprime mentioned, there is currently a bug with findCompletedItems, although I am not sure if this is directly related to the issue you are seeing. Once that bug is fix, please try run again and report back if the issue still exist. Thanks

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

champton78 avatar image
0 Likes"
champton78 answered ·
Thanks for your response. I've seen the other threads, but considering this is my first time interacting with an eBay API, I was hesistant to believe my problem wasn't related to something I was doing wrong. I'll keep an eye on the other threads and hopefully it gets sorted out soon.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
There are two open threads on this on the front page of this forum.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.