question

roadlessgear avatar image
0 Likes"
roadlessgear asked

How to get/set the shipping policy for a listing?

I'm trying to display the same listing information that a user would see on the eBay web site. I use the GetItem call and can see all the information I need (name, description, pictures, etc) But I cannot find where the "Shipping Policy" is stored in the Response. I see ShippingDetails and it has the information about the Shipping Policy defined there, but what I would like is to just display the selected Policy name (with my eventual next step being to implement a popup window that lists all policies, allows the user to select a new one and then save it back to eBay) How does the eBay API associate a specific Shipping Policy to an Item listing?
shippingitem specificsshipping policy
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi, Business Policies are created not really for a specific Item/Listing. Once created they can be used with multiple listings. I am not very clear on what your application does. But I can tell you one thing for sure that if you have the seller's token, you can make the GetItem API Call and you will see the tag which has the Shipping, Payment and Return Policy ID's. If you have more questions about it , do let us know. Cheers!!!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

roadlessgear avatar image
0 Likes"
roadlessgear answered
>>But I can tell you one thing for sure that if you have the seller's token, you can make >> the GetItem API Call and you will see the tag which has the Shipping, Payment and >>Return Policy ID's. That is EXACTLY what my question is. What is the NAME of the tag for Shipping, Payment and Return policy ID's? Where within the GetItem result structure can I find these? I have looked through the return results and can't find these anywhere.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered
You should look for the `` tag This is how you will see it: : - 106561889016 Test_Shipping_Profile - 104301135054 Test_Return_Profile - 13032495076 Test_Payment_Profile : Hope this helps. Cheers!!!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.