question

2010dougeb avatar image
0 Likes"
2010dougeb asked

Can I mix domestic shipping options with the AddFixedPriceItem api?

I am using the AddFixePriceItem api call to list items for sale on eBay. This works well when we are using the calculated shipping type, and several options for shipping. We want to be able to offer free shipping with our first option for domestic shipping and then Calculated for options 2 and 3. Is this possible? I have tried different mixes of shipping type and setting shipping cost to 0 and setting the free shipping property to true for option 1 but always get an error. It seems if I use free shipping I can only offer one option for domestic shipping. What I have tried is Setting shipping type to calculated, and option 1 to Free with 0 cost. This produced and error. Then tried setting shipping type to Flat with option 1 to Free and 0 cost. This produced an error. If I set the shipping type to Flat and only one option with Free shipping = true and 0 cost then it goes through. Are the other properties that need to be set?
addfixedpriceitem.net sdk
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi, That cannot be done. Either you can have the Shipping Services Flat or Calculated when all the shipping services are domestic. However, you can use Flat domestic and Calculated International Shipping and vice versa. Here is a knowledge base article on it: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=720 Hope this helps. Cheers!!!!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

2010dougeb avatar image
0 Likes"
2010dougeb answered
Hi Shulumani, turns out a lot of my problem was the way the Sandbox displays the shipping options. It is different from the live site. I used Calculated shipping type, and set the free shipping tag to true on the first domestic option, and it appeared that the first option was not free on the sandbox. But when I went to the shipping options on the item when displayed in the sandbox and entered any zip code, it displayed the first domestic option as free. Thank you for looking at this.

Glad your issue is resolved. Cheers!!
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.