question

2010dougeb avatar image
0 Likes"
2010dougeb asked ·

With the AddFixedPriceItem call I am trying to mix my shipping types, can this be done

I am using the add fixed price item api call. This works well when we are using the calculated shipping type. We want to be able to offer free shipping with our first option for domestic shipping and then Calculated for options 2 and 3. Is this possible? I have tried different mixes of shipping type and setting shipping cost to 0 and setting the free shipping property to true for option 1 but always get an error. It seems if I use free shipping I can only offer one option for domestic shipping. Any suggestions?
addfixedpriceitem.net sdk
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sree_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sree_developersupport answered ·
Hi 2010dougeb, This was tried and tested in Sandbox Evnvironment. Please refer to the Item ID : 110189693835. When the buyer decides to buy, he enters the Zip Code and 3 Options shown under Shipping & Payments will be calculated accordingly. The first option is set to Free. ![alt text][1] Best Regards [1]: /storage/temp/1212-shipping.jpg

shipping.jpg (54.5 KiB)

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

2010dougeb avatar image
0 Likes"
2010dougeb answered ·
Thank you for the confirmation that what I am doing is correct. I am testing on the sandbox, and found that it displays a little different than the live site. If I set the first shipping option to free, as in your example, when I look at it when posted to the sandbox the shipping options don't show Free. But when I enter a zip code in the shipping details tab the first option changes to display free. Don't know how much time I wasted before I discovered that.

sree_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sree_developersupport answered ·
Hi 2010dougeb, Yes. You should be able to do the mix and match using and in AddFixedPriceItem call. For example: Please refer to below Section of XML: 95125 English 6 7 7 PackageThickEnvelope 2 0 Payment must be received within 7 business days of purchase. 8.75 CA true USPSPriority 1 UPSGround 2 UPSNextDay 3 Calculated For Additional Details, please refer to http://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/AddFixedPriceItem.html Please try these and let us know if you have any problems. Best Regards.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.