question

hogiegames avatar image
3 Likes"
hogiegames asked

Is anyone else having problems with their findcompleteditems calls?

My findcompleteditems request has been returning next to nothing for results so I thought I would test things out. I ran a test url in chrome and got back 37 results while the same url in firefox and safari returned 1. My website is returning the 1 result. Is anyone else seeing anything like this?
apifindcompleteditems
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I'm having the same issue. No response from eBay?
0 Likes 0 ·
sposmith avatar image
0 Likes"
sposmith answered
I'm having similar issues. I grabbed the request URL from my code and put it in a Chrome tab to check it. I've refreshed a bunch of times and the response is intermittent.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hogiegames avatar image
0 Likes"
hogiegames answered
10 |600

a2hgo avatar image
0 Likes"
a2hgo answered
Same here, lots of emails from angry customers when I woke up this morning, whats going on eBay?
10 |600

a2hgo avatar image
0 Likes"
a2hgo answered
I'm also seeing the findCompletedItems (when it does return results) no longer shows any sold items, it only returns items which have ended unsold. Adding the soldOnly=yes parameter shows lots of items which clearly sold within the timeframe.
10 |600

hogiegames avatar image
0 Likes"
hogiegames answered
Are you sending your requests using JSON as well? I am going to try to use XML and see if I get the same result. If that doesn't work, how do we contact ebay about this?
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
I don't use JSON, but I use this fCI call with XML response. I haven't seen any problem yet, so maybe the issue is confined to JSON. If anyone's experiencing this with problem with XML output, can you please post a sample URL so we can all troubleshoot? Hopefully eBay will notice this thread and open an internal bug track. Otherwise, anyone is welcome to submit a paid tech support ticket and likely get a refund once the bug is confirmed not a customer-side issue.
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
I just remembered that I have an open eBay API support ticket that's been pending for several months now while they work on the issue. I'll go in momentarily and let them know about this issue and direct them to this forum thread. Hopefully that'll get things moving.
10 |600

hogiegames avatar image
0 Likes"
hogiegames answered
Thanks Helios. I just tested the above request using an XML request and had the same result. Not sure why I thought it would be different but I guess I was desperate :-(. Returning the response in json or xml made no difference.
10 |600

hogiegames avatar image
0 Likes"
hogiegames answered
Just wanted to add more to what a2hgo stated above. The only listings I am seeing returned are those that were ended by the seller. eg. "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available" or "This listing has ended. The seller has relisted this item or one like this" Whatever the problem is appears it revolves around this.
10 |600

foulfoot avatar image
0 Likes"
foulfoot answered
I'm also not seeing any results coming back from findcompleteditems.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.