question

marsal-tito avatar image
0 Likes"
marsal-tito asked

Get my sent messages (sent by the authenticated user)

Hello. I need to retrieve all the messages that I sent to buyers, whether I ask a question or reply to question. I tried **GetMyMessages** and **GetMemberMessages** but without success. These two APIs gets only the messages users sent to me, but not vice versa. How to configure input fields in the call request to get messages that I sent? Is there any other API that can get messages I sent? Best regards.
getmymessagesgetmembermessages
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi, Here is a knowledge base article that you can check to see how to use GetMyMessages and GetMemberMessages to track the overall thread conversation: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=2092 Cheers!!
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yashic_9 avatar image
0 Likes"
yashic_9 answered
Hi both. Can you help me with the issue. I'm doing getmymessagescall to get all the messages for now, but couldnt get any message except the welcome to ebay message. Can you show me how you implemented, i'm using ebay .net sdk and following the parameters in xml example in the docs, there are no date restrictions, yet its not giving me any messages. I have created 2 seller accounts in ebay and via contact a member link i have sent messages vice versa, will getmymessagescall give me such messages?
10 |600

marsal-tito avatar image
0 Likes"
marsal-tito answered
@yashic_9 Messages are grouped into folders. Received messages have FolderID - 0 and Sent messages have FolderID 1. First, call GetMyMessages to retrieve all MessageIDs: XXXXXX ReturnHeaders 0 // 0 or 1 200 1 xxx // max duration 1 year ago MessageID and than call again GetMyMessages to retrieve messages details: XXXX ReturnMessages xxxx // up to 10 MessageIDs 200 1
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.