question

the.one.marketplace avatar image
1 Like"
the.one.marketplace asked ·

Upload pictures .NET SDK - Error: Attachment request file is missing

I am trying to upload images from my local drive to eBay using the .NET SDK, so I can later attach them to the AddFixedPriceItem call. ApiContext context = new ApiContext(); context.ApiCredential.eBayToken = TOKEN_LIVE; context.SoapApiServerUrl = " https://api.ebay.com/wsapi";; context.EPSServerUrl = " https://api.ebay.com/ws/api.dll";; context.Site = SiteCodeType.UK; context.Version = "971"; var pictureService = new eBayPictureService(context); var ebayImagesURLs = pictureService.UpLoadPictureFiles(PhotoDisplayCodeType.SuperSize, localImages.ToArray()); The code above works intermittently and I often get the following exception: **eBay.Service.Core.Sdk.ApiException: Attachment request file is missing. At eBay.Service.EPS.eBayPictureService.UpLoadSiteHostedPicture(UploadSiteHostedPicturesRequestType request, String fileName)** Is anyone else experiencing this behaviour? How are you uploading pictures from your computer to eBay? Thank you!
.NET.net sdkpictureseps upload problemspicture-additempicture service response errorpicture url uploadpictures self hostest removedpictureurl reviseitemeps pictures
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

in addition to my answer, looks like the WSDL for the latest version doesn't match the version of the sdk on nuget... the SDK doesn't have PictureFormatCodeType.PNG as an enumeration value. This is the latest WSDL; JPG or GIF or PNG format. JPG format. GIF format. PNG format. (out) Reserved for internal or future use.
0 Likes 0 · ·
yes exactly as you described.
0 Likes 0 · ·
1 Like"
the.one.marketplace answered ·
@bestqualityproducts711_llc agree. This is not the right way of doing things and I would appreciate if this bug could be fixed. Thank you.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Like"
the.one.marketplace answered ·
Thank you for the update. We are no longer getting the "Attachment request file is missing." error, but the following: > eBay.Service.Core.Sdk.ApiException: Picture Services only supports upload of JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, and TIFF image formats. Try again using a version of your picture saved in one of those formats. Try again using a version of your picture saved in one of those formats. at eBay.Service.EPS.eBayPictureService.UpLoadSiteHostedPicture(UploadSiteHostedPicturesRequestType request, String fileName) Again, if we send the request a couple of times it ends up working. Could you please advise? Thank you.

s-jacobs avatar image
0 Likes"
s-jacobs answered ·
I too have had this issue for months now.. been intermittent and I to can concur the upload pictures call is more likely to fail the more images attached. Using "eBay .NET SDK v981 Release". This is a really an annoying issue and completely stops our workflow because when the call fails our "work around: is to upload 1 picture and to manually upload the rest after the listing has successfully posted. This issue was posted a long time ago yet I don't see a solution? If you don't want to fix this or think it is a low priority then allow us to host our own pictures on cloud store. eBay picture service is very slow to upload and these issues cause many delays for our business. This has been going on for almost a year now...

caterham23 avatar image
0 Likes"
caterham23 answered ·
looks like 3.825.0.0, quite old i think

sree_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sree_developersupport answered ·
Hi @caterham23, Which version of .NET SDK are you currently using? I would like to provide an updated DLL which might solve the issue. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

caterham23 avatar image
0 Likes"
caterham23 answered ·
I too am getting Picture Services only supports upload of JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, and TIFF image formats. Try again using a version of your picture saved in one of those formats. However, it's all the time - any update from ebay devs ??

bestqualityproducts711_llc avatar image
0 Likes"
bestqualityproducts711_llc answered ·
I have the same issue, and both errors seem to happen at random. Like @worldealshopper, the only solution I have found is to just add recursive code that ignores the error and submits the images up to 15 times until it works. 99% this fixes the issue but it is an ugly way of getting it done.

0 Likes"
Hi @bestqualityproductsllc, Can you please verify now? Our Engineering team fixed the error. Please verify and confirm and let me know if you face any issues. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

0 Likes"
Hi @bestqualityproductsllc We are looking into it. Will update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

bestqualityproducts711_llc avatar image
0 Likes"
bestqualityproducts711_llc answered ·
Is there any update on this?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.