question

mbur1202 avatar image
0 Likes"
mbur1202 asked

Help - Finding API returning many broken links over last few days

Anyone else seeing this problem? My application has been using the Finding API to display items with affiliate eBay links for months without issue, but over the last few days I'm seeing around 80% of links returned are just redirecting to the eBay home page. The call ack field returns 'Success', so not an issue there. After a bit more testing, I notice that every returned link seems to have this issue intermittently, so for example for 10 clicks on the same link, 8 will show the home page and 2 will correctly link to the item. It's hard to tell now whether this is an API issue or a problem with eBay's website redirection. How can I get this investigated/resolved? Earnings are hugely down over the last week because of this.
finding apifinditemsbykeywords
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Link routing problems are somewhat common on eBay. You can sometimes work around by using a different linking format and building your own links from the itemid. I've cross-posted it the EPN forum. You can also post it to the Technical Issues community forum. You have to provide a sample link.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mbur1202 avatar image
0 Likes"
mbur1202 answered
Thanks for the reply, and for posting on the other forum. This looks to be fixed now.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.