question

autopartswill avatar image
0 Likes"
autopartswill asked

It is not easy to create inventory item..

Hi, guys. now I'm learning eBay API. I'm trying to connect eBay API for my web application. but there are some problems with it. I already got application access token and user access token via PHP. when I 'PUT' headers and body content to eBay API server, it returns always "204 No Content". I can't understand. there are body contents what eBay provide actually! and I set headers properly... can you give me a hint of it? what can I do? even though I try it on API Explorer... the result is always same... T_T if you need clues... just tell me. I'll add the contents. have a good day!
errorebay apiinventorycreate inventory itemcreate204no content
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marcidraga-0 avatar image
1 Like"
marcidraga-0 answered
You can check this with ' https://api.sandbox.ebay.com/sell/inventory/v1/inventory_item' it should return all of your items ,but now it don't work on sandbox... I sked why, but on this form is hard to recieve message form ebay developers ( they want money with premium support - funny )... Now im testing on live, and there it work. You can also use request tester on this page https://developer.ebay.com/my/api_test_tool

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@marcidraga-0 so Kindness... thanks a lot! that's so funny about premium support... your answer so helps me. have a good day!
0 Likes 0 ·
marcidraga-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
marcidraga-0 answered
Hi, all 2XX response meaning everything is ok ( your request is corect ). But sometimes API dont have to resend something. This is 204 No Content Response. So lets check your items, becaouse they exist :)

Oh, thank you for reply me! now I see 204 is OK. but if it successfully registered... where can I check the item created? I can not search the item what I create through eBay API on eBay Sandbox... It also tested on sandbox environment... thanks a lot! :)
0 Likes 0 ·
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered
Hi, We have fixed the Sandbox error. You should be able to make Get Inventory Items API call on Sandbox environment now. Best Regards,

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
Hi, We are able to make those Get Inventory Items APi calls on Sandbox, but the sandbox API incorrectly returns no elements. `{ "size": 0, "limit": 0 }` The items do show up when querying them one-by-one using the Get Inventory Item API call. Seems like the issue is still there.

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered
Hi etiennbruine_0, This has been reported to our engineering team. We keep you updated on the progress of the issue when we have more information. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Best Regards,

directfashion avatar image
0 Likes"
directfashion answered
I wonder when the issue is going to be fixed.

throwback55 avatar image
0 Likes"
throwback55 answered
Has this issue been resolved. I'm new to the API but I am encountering it still and have not found a clear resolution anywhere.,Has this issue been resolved? I am new to the api, and seen this question asked in numerous places, but no clear resolution here.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.