question

jkcs-de avatar image
0 Likes"
jkcs-de asked ·

Applications from this IP address are limited in the number of calls they can make

Since yesterday i get the error: Applications from this IP address are limited in the number of calls they can make i didn't changed my application, so i think ebay changed something. I'm using the shopping-API. What can i do, i need do to many request?
shopping-apishopping apilimitsshoppingapiip
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanjeev_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjeev_developersupport answered ·
Hi @dheeraj295, Thank you for contacting us. For the error "this IP address are limited” it seems you are making too many calls in a short span and/or simultaneously. Please Slow down the number of calls, maybe 1 every 2 seconds. If you are still getting the error please create a ticket through https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dheeraj295 avatar image
0 Likes"
dheeraj295 answered ·
Hello, I am also receiving similar error in Trading API: "Applications from this IP address are limited in the number of calls they can make". I can see in my developer account that I have not exceeded limit. Still I am getting this error. I contacted eBay support for app compatibility check and increasing API call limit but they have rejected saying that your API calls do not exceed 5000 calls/day. Any idea why I am getting this error. Best Regards

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Thanks for letting us know about the per-second call limits. I'm figuring it's an undocumented security-based throttling limit that they don't publicize for obvious reasons. But good to know.

jeffh19702012 avatar image
0 Likes"
jeffh19702012 answered ·
For my case I've finally figured out that it was a rare situation that caused a bug in my program when an advert has its country code changed by the Lister. Its not an exploitable bug and I've fixed it now. It was basically causing my program to make multiple recalls. Its worth noting here for the benefit of others that there seems to be a per second call limit in addition to the total daily call limit. I wasn't aware of this and can't find any documentation as to the exact levels but my experience is that if you make too many calls within a short space of time you will trigger this exception even if you stay within your daily call limit.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
People with this issue: Do you log all of your calls to the API, so you can count them later on? Do you have your AppID exposed in any kind of Javascript/client widget/app? Doing so leaves you vulnerable to malicious folks grabbing your AppID, using it, and exhausting your daily quota. Also, a common cause of this issue is search engine bots (or other bots) triggering API calls from your site as they crawl your pages.

jeffh19702012 avatar image
0 Likes"
jeffh19702012 answered ·
This is a recurring problem for me also. It happens for a few days to a week. About a third of the calls are affected. Then no problems for weeks then back to the errors for a few days. I have 1.5 million calls on the shopping api and never make more than half of those in a day yet still keep getting this frustrating problem.

wdmvl5 avatar image
0 Likes"
wdmvl5 answered ·
Did you ever find a solution or answer to this?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.