question

skfmn6 avatar image
0 Likes"
skfmn6 asked ·

Getting client inventory with API

Is there anyway to get a clients existing inventory through the API? I can create Items in the Sandbox but i need to be able to update clients inventory through a web UI I create. Do I really have to recreate all the items with the API then delete them from their My eBay UI?
inventory api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

skfmn6 avatar image
0 Likes"
skfmn6 answered ·
Ok I get it, you can't access items/listings made outside the of API with the API, Which makes the API useless to me. I'll keep an eye on it and see if the API Improves enough to use. Thanks for the time and info!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hi skfmn6, You are right, Inventory Items that created via [Create or Replace Inventory Item API call][1] are not currently visible on eBay Seller Hub or My eBay. We are working on it. However; when you make a [Publish Offer][2] API cal, the API will return an new listingId, the unique identifier of the newly created eBay listing, as showing below, { "listingId": "223412345678" } The listingId will be displayed in the seller's My eBay UI. If not, can you please share the generated listingId and the http response header **rlogid** ? [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/rest/api-ref/inventory/inventory_item-sku__put.html [2]: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/rest/api-ref/inventory/offer-offerId_publish__post.html Best Regards,

skfmn6 avatar image
0 Likes"
skfmn6 answered ·
I read in another post that the only inventory items that can be manipulated with the API are ones that were created using the API. In the sandbox I can create an item using the testusers sandbox user token but it doesn't show in the users sandbox My eBay UI, the only one that is shown there is one that I created using the users sanbbox UI not the one I created using the API. My client wants to be able to manage their inventory from a webpage they use for all of their products which are on different platforms/stores so I need to be able to manipulate their existing inventory. In the sandbox I can't manipulate existing inventory in the users sandbox account, nor can I add to it. Will this be the same going forward out of the sandbox and into production?

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hi skfmn6, You mentioned 'existing **inventory**' and 'I can create **Items** in the Sandbox', are you referring to a seller's published listings which are visible in eBay.com or sandbox.ebay.com? Could you please clarify ? Best Regards,

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.