question

amyglos avatar image
0 Likes"
amyglos asked

I cant link my PayPal account and I need it to open a shop

Hi, I need to link an ebay sandbox and paypal sandbox account so that I can open an ebay shop, but its not working through the GUI. On the US sandbox site, the 'Link My PayPal Account' just opens a blank tab. For the UK, German, Italian and French sandbox sites, I get a new tab with the error Http/1.1 Service Unavailable. I've tried logging in to PayPal developer and paypal.sandbox on other tabs in case there's some cookie validation but it hasn't helped. Is there a direct link I can use, or could you link the accounts for me please? It's completely blocking my testing at the moment. The ebay user is testuser_amyb and the PayPal account is testuser.amyb@gmail.com. Many thanks, Amy.
sandbox link paypal
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

onkar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
onkar_developersupport answered
Hello Amyglos, I have checked and confirmed that the Sandbox account: testuser_amyb is already linked to the Sandbox PayPal account: testuser.amyb@gmail.com. If you want to link a different Sandbox PayPal account with the above Sandbox account, please share the Sandbox PayPal detail and I will update you. Note: Unfortunately, you will be not able to link/unlink the accounts, as this functionality is broken on Sandbox and we are actively working on fixing this. Best Regards.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gragra33 avatar image
0 Likes"
gragra33 answered
Hi @onkar_developersupport There are more of us with the same problem as @amyglos I've been waiting for help since [October 2016][1]. @shulmani_developer.support was going to help us. [We gave our details as requested][2] however it appears that nothing has been done and @shulmani_developer.support is not replying. I've been waiting for assistance for 2 1/2 months with this problem. I am pulling my hair out trying to get help. Can you help us please? Ta. [1]: https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/17752/ebay-sandbox-accounts-and-paypal-sandbox-accounts.html [2]: http://forums.developer.ebay.com/answers/18297/view.html

onkar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
onkar_developersupport answered
Hello @gragra33, Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing. I have manually linked your sandbox accounts: testuser_520388 & TESTUSER_Fubar2016 with Payal test account: gragra33ebayTest@gmail.com Note: If you login to sandbox with any of the above user's and go to MyeBay-Account-PayPal Account, you will still see that the PayPal account is not linked, this is due to the ongoing issue. However, your account is actually linked and you can confirm this by trying to subscribe to Store. Store subscription will fail if the Sandbox account is not linked to PayPal sandbox account. Best Regards.

@onkar_developersupport, Thanks for your help! I now have one shop set up.
0 Likes 0 ·
pulchlorenz avatar image
0 Likes"
pulchlorenz answered
hello, can you help me link my accoutns properly too? i dont know how to get ebay developer support besides asking and begging for help in the forum here, thank you. The accounts show up as linked when i log into the sandbox account, but i cannot change or delete the link to the paypalaccount and when testing the api i get the error 21919158 "Invalid PayPal email address". Ebay sandbox UserID: TESTUSER_pulchlorenz Paypal sandbox Mail: test(at) pulchlorenz.de

@pulchlorenz Shows that your account is already linked
0 Likes 0 ·
duncanas69-1 avatar image
0 Likes"
duncanas69-1 answered
I'm also unable to connect my sandbox account to PayPal sandbox. Ebay Id: testuser_duncanas and PayPal user is: duncanas-facilitator@gmail.com.

@duncanas69-1 Your paypal sandbox account is linked to the test ID
0 Likes 0 ·
duncanas69-1 avatar image
0 Likes"
duncanas69-1 answered
@onkar_developersupport Are you able to help with linking my PayPal test account with info as listed above?

m3tadan09 avatar image
0 Likes"
m3tadan09 answered
@onkar_developersupport would it be possible for you to link my UK sandbox accounts also please testuser_mattrftd with dan+merchant@dancrack.com

@m3tadan09 Your account is linked
0 Likes 0 ·
caelastewar0 avatar image
0 Likes"
caelastewar0 answered
@onkar_developersupport It would be much appreciated if you could manually link the following accounts: eBay Sandbox: testuser_caelanprogress PayPal Sandbox: merchant1@weareprogress.co.uk I need those linked so I can continue. I really cannot believe that a company who's presence is pretty much entirely web-based, has so many technical problems. I must've found about five or six links that just lead back to the sandbox home page, instead of doing what they're supposed to do, all in the brief 20-30 mins I was messing around with it. I was unable to upload photos to the item I put up for sale on the sandbox, the button to invoke the file browser just doesn't do anything. Not to mention that when I clicked on the "Add Photos" button, just above it first, it brought me to a page with an error about a missing field, and then when I clicked the link to "go back to where you were", it just took me to the sandbox homepage, and I lost all of the progress I'd made adding the item. And then, of course, there's this problem of not being able to link accounts together. I saw a [question on stackoverflow][1] who had the exact same problem, and that was May of 2015. All the sandbox needs to be is a clone of your production branch with different datasets, or however your system stores data. I really cannot see why or how your sandbox is so buggy/unpredictable. It just seems to me that you (not you personally, eBay in general) keep uttering empty apologies to keep us sweet, but you're actually not doing anything to fix the problem. It seems that only developers are the ones who have to bare the brunt of the lack of attention paid to developer tools. [1]: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29090339/link-ebay-and-paypal-sandbox-accounts

@caelastewar0 We apologize for the inconvenience. Your account is now linked
0 Likes 0 ·
plcstock avatar image
0 Likes"
plcstock answered
@yazhou_developersupport @shulmani_developer.support @catherine_developersupport @onkar_developersupport Hi! Could anyone please link: testuser_unisgroup-sandbox-seller to paypal sandbox account daan-facilitator@unisgroup.com

catherine_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
catherine_developersupport answered
@plcstock,your test a/c is linked to daan-facilitator@unisgroup.com

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.