question

safekom avatar image
0 Likes"
safekom asked ·

How to remove Secondary Category

Hi I am trying to remove secondary category but cannot find a way
trading api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hello safekom, When revising a listing, you can add/remove/change the secondary category when the following conditions are true: - only if the listing has no bids or no items have sold, and - the item does not end within 12 hours. You can use DeletedField tag to remove this when relisting an item. Thanks Devanathan

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

safekom avatar image
0 Likes"
safekom answered ·
Hello, But we can remove the secondary category via ebay.co.uk, so how comes we cannot do it via the API?

devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hello safekom, No. It is not possible to remove your second eBay category once the listing is live. This is an eBay limitation. This is because eBay charges an extra fee for adding a second eBay category to the listing, It looks like the documentation we need to update the document for this field. Thanks eBay Developer Technical Support Team Devanathan
· 1 · Share

Can you give me your email, I want to need you support ebay api
0 Likes 0 · ·
safekom avatar image
0 Likes"
safekom answered ·
I tried the below StringCollection DeletedFields = new StringCollection(); DeletedFields.Add("item.SecondaryCategory.CategoryID"); reviseFP.DeletedFieldList = DeletedFields; But It gives me an error > Blockquote eBay.Service.Core.Sdk.ApiException: DeletedField tag name "item.secondaryCategory.categoryID" is invalid. You must use a valid path in the form "item.tag1[.tag2]". at eBay.Service.Core.Sdk.ApiCall.SendRequest() at eBay.Service.Call.ReviseFixedPriceItemCall.Execute()

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.