question

z-lainez avatar image
0 Likes"
z-lainez asked

Is the BusinessSellerDetails-XML-tag a guarantor for business seller?

I want to exclude business sellers from my search results with getSingleItem. I would do this by excluding all Items with a BusinessSellerDetails-Tag on the answer XML. So i ask myself (and now you too :)) is that BuisnessSellerDetails-Tag a reliable fact in this case? Or could it happen that this tag is also on a single item from a private seller? Best wishes Tom
shopping-apigetsingleitem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
1 Like"
clickimusprime answered
Should coincide with a business account. But small biz might be running under a personal account. If you are getting item with Finding API before call getSingle/MultipleItems, there is an itemFilter SellerBusinessType on the findItemsAdvanced call for pre-selecting business sellers.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

z-lainez avatar image
0 Likes"
z-lainez answered
Many thanks for your reply and the hint to the Finding API. But I think the problem will be the same with the Finding API. If a business seller creates an ebay account as "private" the finding API will find its products, by using the filter with *itemFilter(0).name=SellerBusinessType&itemFilter(0).value=Private*. My use case is described as follows: I get an ebay article id and use the API to get the relvevant information for my purposes. This use case should only work for articles of private sellers. Best wishes

0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Sellers choose the account type they want. The value reflects the choice, not some external criteria. You might also exclude sellers based on feedback score (itemFilter FeedbackScoreMax) . Businesses tend to have more transactions than private sellers.

z-lainez avatar image
0 Likes"
z-lainez answered
Thanks again. Yes thats an idea. Is they any chance to filter with an item id? something like itemFilter(1).name=id&itemFilter(1).value=182392146688. If have tried it, but the query ignors the item id filter part. This combination (filter for business sellers and the known item id) will nearly be perfect. Any ideas?

0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
You can't make up parameters. For itemid, use the keywords parameter. &keywords=182349573201 But Finding API is for searching for multiple items. You put all your criteria into Finding, it gives you a list of items that are pre-selected to match. Use it to automate the item selection process. If you are selecting items IDs manually and just need to look up more information, use the GetSingle/MultipleItems calls. Also when posting code or partial URLs here, use the code button to keep the forum from scrambling the links/code.

z-lainez avatar image
0 Likes"
z-lainez answered
Thank you fpr your help. Now I tried to go back to my first solution approach. Use GetSingleItem e.g: http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&responseencoding=XML&appid=MyAppID&siteid=77&version=967&ItemID=132010134244&IncludeSelector=Details But now I dont get the tags BusinessSellerDetails on my response XML. The seller ist definetly a business seller. On last friday I have tried it with the article id 351661704030 and it worked, now it does not work. Is that a bug?

0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
**But now I dont get the tags BusinessSellerDetails on my response XML** It's being returned when I tried your call. That seller has about two screens worth of data in BusinessSellerDetails.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.