question

noexpir3 avatar image
0 Likes"
noexpir3 asked ·

Real time auctions feed?

Sorry guys, noob questions here, but still: Is it possible to have a live/real time (~ every 5 seconds) refreshment of all auctions in a given category using the API? How often can I send calls/are those calls limited (5000 per day) etc? Also, I read that the new auctions are not available for everyone at the exact same time - is it possible to reach that information super fast (basically right after the auction has been submitted) via the API? Thanks and best, Martin
searchsearch-apisearch-listings
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
You can use the Finding API calls to get refreshed lists of auctions or items, but probably not as complete or live as you're seeking. For one, you won't get ALL items in a category - just the first 100, or subsequent chunks of 100 items up to 10,000 items total. Also, due to a several-minute listing delay, you won't be able to get the data with an acuity of 5 seconds. (Yes, you are limited 5K/day calls.) Immediate acquisition of item data upon listing, via the API? IDK how to do that; it may require some special tricks. Otherwise, like I said above, you'll need to deal with a few-minute delay.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.