question

apoel1977 avatar image
0 Likes"
apoel1977 asked ·

Using eBay Products on my website

Hello Devs,

I am about to develop a website in which I am looking to use a huge product database. The main purpose of the website is not to generate sales to eBay, however there will be links for visitors that which to buy/bid for the products at eBay.

My question is, whether it's legal to use the eBay web services for such purpose.

I have been trying for a valid contact form/address to eBay with no success.

Can you please advise?

Thank you,

George

using-ebay-products-websi
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·

Kaiser:

You'll probably want to use the Finding API family to retrieve standard eBay listings to display on your client's site. For eBay Deals, you may wish to explore a non-API resource, the "Anywhere eBay Feeds". I have some info on these feeds here on my site: http://www.helios825.org/eDD.php

Also, to be clear, it'll be far easier for you if you display items that allow the visitor to click over to eBay to make their purchase -- rather than trying to handle the eBay purchase from your website per se. This sort of goes without saying, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Once you get going with your site, you should consider applying to eBay Partner Network to generate affiliate commissions on your clicks/sales. That's another topic in itself.

https://www.ebaypartnernetwork.com/

-h

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·

George,

Please help me in this context. I have a client whose requirements are similar to you. "User can bid and buy ebay products from our site. Including ebay deal". My question is would you please tell me which API you will use for this purpose?

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·
____

rekha.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
rekha.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·

Hi George,

If I understand your use case, it looks like you are trying to build a site to drive traffic to eBay, rather than help sellers list their items on eBay.  Yes, using the APIs to get the current items on eBay and driving traffic to eBay is a legitimate use of the APIs.  You can read the API licence agreement to see what is acceptable use and what is not allowed:
https://developer.ebay.com/join/licenses/individual/api.pdf

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.