question

rjd-ca avatar image
0 Likes"
rjd-ca asked ·

What AdditionalInformation is needed to publish my offer using the Sell API? Getting some cryptic error codes.

I am getting some cryptic error codes while trying to publish an offer on Sandbox. Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to fix this Bad Request? Here is the offer I am trying to publish:

{
  "offerId": "5005315010",
  "sku": "540007",
  "marketplaceId": "EBAY_US",
  "format": "FIXED_PRICE",
  "listingDescription": "Some random listing description not at all related to the inventory item description for whatever reason.",
  "availableQuantity": 5,
  "pricingSummary": {
    "price": {
      "value": "272.17",
      "currency": "USD"
    }
  },
  "listingPolicies": {
    "paymentPolicyId": "5458252000",
    "returnPolicyId": "5458251000",
    "fulfillmentPolicyId": "5458249000"
  },
  "categoryId": "1278",
  "merchantLocationKey": "warehouse-1",
  "status": "UNPUBLISHED"
}
Here is the request I am making to publish the offer (with no response body just like the API Reference sample):

POST https://api.sandbox.ebay.com/sell/inventory/v1/offer/5005315010/publish
And finally here is the 400 Bad Request response body I am getting:

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "errorId": 25604,
      "domain": "API_INVENTORY",
      "subdomain": "Selling",
      "category": "REQUEST",
      "message": "Input error. Offer not found. Please try input valid request or contact customer support.. "
    },
    {
      "message": "Input error. Seller Inventory Service can not publish the data. AdditionalInformation not found. Please try again or contact customer support.. ",
      "parameters": [
        {
          "name": "offerId",
          "value": "5005315010"
        }
      ]
    },
    {
      "message": "Input error. Offer not found. Please try input valid request or contact customer support.. "
    },
    {
      "message": "Input error. Seller Inventory Service can not publish the data. AdditionalInformation not found. Please try again or contact customer support.. ",
        {
        }
      ]
    },
    {
    },
    {
        {
        }
      ]
    },
    {
        {
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}
sandboxsellingrest apilistingofferbad request
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dinud avatar image
1 Like"
dinud answered ·
@rjd-ca Sorry for the inconvenince that you are facing, based on that data you have provided in the post the inventory item is missing condition details. Could you please update the inventory item with the condition details and try publising the offer again? Here is the sample of a condition you can provide. "condition": "NEW" We will look into fixing the error message so that it reflects the element that is missing.
· 1 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your response! Updating the inventory item (PUT https://api.sandbox.ebay.com/sell/inventory/v1/inventory_item/540007) with "condition":"NEW" solved the issue when I tried to publish my offer (POST https://api.sandbox.ebay.com/sell/inventory/v1/offer/5005315010/publish). I agree more concise error messages when trying to publish the offer would have helped me. What would be even better would be failing creation of the Inventory Item if this information is missing. Condition seems to be a required field according to the API Reference for Create or Replace Inventory Item anyway.
0 Likes 0 · ·
srilatha777 avatar image
0 Likes"
srilatha777 answered ·
We are working on getting the error messages fixed. Condition is not a required field for creating an inventory record for a SKU. But, it might be required to publish the inventory to an eBay channel/site in certain categories.
· 1 · Share

Hmm ok it looks like Occurrence is marked as Required for the Condition field in the Create or Replace Inventory Item section of the link below. You might want to update the documentation to mark it as Conditional instead to alleviate confusion. ![alt text][1] http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/rest/api-ref/inventory/inventory_item-sku__put.html [1]: /storage/temp/1149-screen-shot-2016-12-02-at-33118-pm.png
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.