question

steveheig-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
steveheig-0 asked

Sandbox API Timeout

Hi, I am having issues with trying to do a VerifyAddItem with the Sandbox Trading API. Is anyone else experiencing these issues? The item is being posted to eBay Motors. I've tried a test post though the example project included with the SDK and it works, so I'm suspecting it either has to do with posting to eBay Motors or maybe the size of the request. The error message I received initially was an API timeout. I then increased the timeout on the context to 4 minutes. Now I am receiving timeout errors about the gateway: The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server. I just tried building the object exactly how it's built in my application, but using the code in the test project, just to eliminate anything that might be in my program itself. Now when posting to sandbox this is the error message I get: API application "{0}" invalid. Here is the object that I am creating. Also, I have also tested with commenting out the large description section and just using an empty string, but get the same results, so it's not the size of the description that's the problem. //[Step 1] Initialize eBay ApiContext object ApiContext apiContext = GetApiContext(); //[Step 2] Create a new ItemType object ItemType item = new ItemType(); item.PaymentDetails = new PaymentDetailsType { HoursToDepositSpecified = true, DaysToFullPayment = 7, DaysToFullPaymentSpecified = true }; item.Country = CountryCodeType.US; item.CountrySpecified = true; item.Currency = CurrencyCodeType.USD; item.CurrencySpecified = true; item.Description = @""; item.ListingDuration = "Days_7"; item.ListingType = ListingTypeCodeType.Chinese; item.ListingTypeSpecified = true; item.Location = "Louisville, KY"; item.PaymentMethods = new BuyerPaymentMethodCodeTypeCollection(new BuyerPaymentMethodCodeType[] { BuyerPaymentMethodCodeType.CashInPerson }); item.PrimaryCategory = new CategoryType { CategoryID = "5350" }; item.Quantity = 1; item.QuantitySpecified = true; item.ShippingDetails = new ShippingDetailsType(); item.Site = SiteCodeType.eBayMotors; item.SiteSpecified = true; item.Title = "Ford : Ranger"; item.UUID = Guid.NewGuid().ToString().Replace("-", ""); item.BuyerResponsibleForShipping = true; item.BuyerResponsibleForShippingSpecified = true; item.ItemSpecifics = new NameValueListTypeCollection(new NameValueListType[] { new NameValueListType { Name = "Year", Value = new StringCollection(new string[] { "2003" }) }, new NameValueListType { Name = "Mileage", Value = new StringCollection(new string[] { "60318" }) }, new NameValueListType { Name = "Trim", Value = new StringCollection(new string[] { "XLT SuperCab 2WD - 383A" }) }, new NameValueListType { Name = "Engine", Value = new StringCollection(new string[] { "3.0L FFV V6" }) }, new NameValueListType { Name = "Drive Type", Value = new StringCollection(new string[] { "RWD" }) }, new NameValueListType { Name = "Exterior Color", Value = new StringCollection(new string[] { "Red" }) }, new NameValueListType { Name = "Number of Cylinders", Value = new StringCollection(new string[] { "6" }) }, new NameValueListType { Name = "Transmission", Value = new StringCollection(new string[] { "Automatic" }) }, new NameValueListType { Name = "Options", Value = new StringCollection() }, new NameValueListType { Name = "Safety Features", Value = new StringCollection() }, new NameValueListType { Name = "Power Options", Value = new StringCollection() } }); item.ConditionID = 3000; item.ConditionIDSpecified = true; //[Step 3] Create Call object and execute the Call VerifyAddItemCall apiCall = new VerifyAddItemCall(apiContext);
trading apitimeout
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.