question

lordgun avatar image
0 Likes"
lordgun asked

Unpredictable listing translations to foreign languages. Is there a hidden translation service on the eBay platform?

Hello, I'm using the eBay SDK for creating listings via the Trading API function AddFixedPriceItem, to populate my store on the italian eBay platform ( www.ebay.it). In the latest weeks a weird thing has been happening: some listings have been automatically translated (via a service which looks a "google translator"-like thing) to foreign languages, namely spanish and german, even though I explicitly set the "it-IT" locale in the API call. So it happens that I have these listings whose page is filled with ridicoluos and random sentences in foreign languages (see for instance http://www.ebay.it/itm/282230515531, it's a spanish translation), published on my italian store, and with delivery service unavailable to Italy (and sometimes France and other random countries). This behaviour is causing a lot of trouble, since customers from Spain and Germany are obviously trying to buy, and when they do, their orders cannot be imported, since our automatic order import procedure can't find a match in our Erp for the products included in the listings. In the end my question is : has anyone experienced this behaviour in the past? Is it related to some new feature on the platform I might be unaware of? Thank you, best regards Jsport snc
addfixedpriceitemtranslation
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lordgun avatar image
0 Likes"
lordgun answered
Any news??? Am I truly the only one who experienced this problem?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

illinidecroos_0 avatar image
0 Likes"
illinidecroos_0 answered
Unpredictable Listing Translations To Foreign Languages. Is There A Hidden [Translation services][1] On The EBay Platform? [1]: http://www.translation.pk/

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.