question

sparkweb_sales avatar image
0 Likes"
sparkweb_sales asked

API Rate Limit Reached For Day

I have an eBay application in use inside my order management app for multiple customers. I had one customer who downloaded 9K products last night and blew through my rate limiting and now everyone is locked out for the day. I'm looking to upgrading to the Compatible level, but I wanted to talk to someone at eBay about resetting the application limit for today. I've never had this happen before and my customers are really in a tight spot. Any help would be really appreciated.
rate limit
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davidtsadler avatar image
1 Like"
davidtsadler answered
I hope eBay have see your message in this forum and sorted out your issue. If they haven't then you've probably guessed that eBay aren't supporting developers via this forum.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sparkweb_sales avatar image
0 Likes"
sparkweb_sales answered
Well, the painful day ended and I have access again. It's a shame that eBay doesn't have a way for developers to reach them. Thanks David for your help with the eBay developer community. You are doing tremendous work and have been really helpful to me in the past.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
The standard way for developers to reach eBay is via a paid email support ticket, located within your eBay Dev account login. But it's just handled during normal business hours, and there's often an initial delay of several hours. Wouldn't really help your urgent situation. I think they have paid phone support as well, but I've never looked into it. It might be more appropriate for your situation. There also might be a "hack" you could employ temporarily -- quickly creating a second eBay Developer account to get a new API keyset and another 5K calls for the day. (However, it's possible eBay frowns on this, or even outright prohibits it, so you may wanna review the API license carefully if you decide sometime you need to execute on that workaround.)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.