question

martletshospice_media avatar image
0 Likes"
martletshospice_media asked

Where can I get an update on developer ticket ID is 160324-000007?

This developer ticket ID is to fix an eBay software fault regarding relisting items (or in this case failing to do so). The error was introduced in March and is costing is £2K a month. A fix is being continually deferred. Due September "barring unforeseen circumstances".... however deferred ... I don't want to pay for support hours to be told nothing at all - especially when the error is on the eBay side!!
software
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Yeah, sometimes eBay Dev bugfixes can take a while. We just have to hang in there. Sorry to hear your business has been negatively impacted. Been there, done that. The big question on the table here is this: Since you obviously have a support ticket open, have you appended the ticket to ask the eBay Dev Tech Support team themselves what the latest news is? That's probably your most direct way to get an answer. Although sometimes eBay staff will chime in here with an update.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

martletshospice avatar image
0 Likes"
martletshospice answered
Thank you so much for your reply. The support ticket reference has been given to us by our software provider - they have other impacted clients - to be honest I have no idea how to find it or whether I am allowed to update it. (That probably sounds a bit lame!). We have a contact at PayPal Giving (we are a charity) who has been really helpful, as far as she is able. We haven't been able to get anything meaningful since the "September fix barring unforeseen circumstances" (Grrr!!). Maddening!
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Those support ticket IDs aren't public. They refer to paid (sometimes refunded) premium support service that is provided privately between the eBay Developer Program and the developer who opened the ticket. If your software provider provided you with the support ticket ID, they would likely be the only ones who could get detailed information/updates on it directly from eBay. If you're really jonesin' to get more details on it and are having a hard time getting your software provider to retrieve additional info through the support portal at eBay Dev, try this: Create your own eBay Developer account (free) and open a new support ticket. It may cost you about $70. But you can then register the same complaint that your software provider did and start a conversation about it directly with eBay Dev, specific to your situation that may go beyond what the software provider can do for you. You'd need to be prepared, however, to discuss the technical details of the problems you're having, so I'm not sure if you're in a place to do this. Maybe start by asking your software provider to quickly copy-paste the entirety of that support ticket they opened (that you referenced here) in an email to you, so you have something to work with in opening your own similar support request/ticket.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.